cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh boy...I'm in Trouble. AMEX(2) Approved.

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Oh boy...I'm in Trouble. AMEX(2) Approved.

::edited for inserting pic::

Received a mail offer from AMEX yesterday for the first time.  I stared at it for a looong time......did not app. 

Why?  because i'm afraid of the alligators & the ERTs.  I was literally Woosaaahhing the whole day. 

After dinner.  More wooosaaahh.  About to shred the mail.  Damn it my fingers!!!  Went & applied for the Green.  Received the pending review msg.  At this point, I'm really nervous- not because of the pending review msgs...but I knew that Lexi, MJ, Focused, Irisa, and others would be all on my behind for this alerting the whole community (honest truth here- you guys really have me in check! lol). 

This morning, i received an email-  CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW A MEMBER OF AMERICAN EXPRESS!!  I literally pee'd in my pants just a lil'.  Immediately went online & apped for Delta.  Instant approval at 2k!!

I'm sorry I've jumped the fence....but now my wallet is complete.  All my reports are frozen at this point, i don't need or want anymore cards in my wallet.  I'll unfreeze my report next year when i PC the Green to PRG & Delta Gold to Platinum. 

For those that may wanna know why i'm on the watchlist is because of this: From July of this year, i did an experiment...called app for AMEX until they approve me. I finally won today.

Thanks everyone.  Now i need to hide.....somewhere before the Crew arrives.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Oh boy...I'm in Trouble. AMEX(2) Approved.

Congrats! Great to see. Run hard, run fast but hide I don't think so! Smiley LOL ROFLOL!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 32
Irisa
Senior Contributor

It is too late to hide now mister.. you're already in trouble!! Smiley Mad lol  

Congrats on both Amex approvals!!   

Now back to the garden you go, we will be monitoring more closely.. top of the watchlist again. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 32
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!!!

Should i dig a hole on the ground and hide for a while until furter notice?  I know Tin, Lexi, MJ & Focused will be furious once they find out.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 32
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Thanks guys!!!

Should i dig a hole on the ground and hide for a while until furter notice?  I know Tin, Lexi, MJ & Focused will be furious once they find out.

Oh if it was only that easy ! LOL Smiley Embarassed

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 32
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Congrats
Message 6 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats X2

BTW.... Really now

There's not a hole, place, valley, planet, mountain far or deep enough for you to hide Lol

I'm just sayingSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 32
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Once your in YOUR IN.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 32
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats...

Enjoy it -

Have to Admit seeing your Attempts made me giggle but you got the job done.

If you do it again I reccomend Depends for the Leakage..Smiley Very Happy

I have waisted my share of Hp's trying to get in...

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 32
toi34
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

::edited for inserting pic::

Received a mail offer from AMEX yesterday for the first time.  I stared at it for a looong time......did not app. 

Why?  because i'm afraid of the alligators & the ERTs.  I was literally Woosaaahhing the whole day. 

After dinner.  More wooosaaahh.  About to shred the mail.  Damn it my fingers!!!  Went & applied for the Green.  Received the pending review msg.  At this point, I'm really nervous- not because of the pending review msgs...but I knew that Lexi, MJ, Focused, Irisa, and others would be all on my behind for this alerting the whole community (honest truth here- you guys really have me in check! lol). 

This morning, i received an email-  CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW A MEMBER OF AMERICAN EXPRESS!!  I literally pee'd in my pants just a lil'.  Immediately went online & apped for Delta.  Instant approval at 2k!!

I'm sorry I've jumped the fence....but now my wallet is complete.  All my reports are frozen at this point, i don't need or want anymore cards in my wallet.  I'll unfreeze my report next year when i PC the Green to PRG & Delta Gold to Platinum. 

For those that may wanna know why i'm on the watchlist is because of this: From July of this year, i did an experiment...called app for AMEX until they approve me. I finally won today.

Thanks everyone.  Now i need to hide.....somewhere before the Crew arrives.

Were all of the 'declines' hard pulls? Perhaps you just wore them down! LOL...Congrats!

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.