Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy CLI & SCT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Navy CLI & SCT

Hi,

I wanted to share my Old Navy CLI with everyone since I don't see a lot of recent data on Old Navy. I obtained the card via the SCT....yes the SCT in March/2017. I was really doing an online purchase on the site and received a pop up at check out just like you do with Comenity cards. I was approved for $300.

In the meantime, over the last couple of months I've been working diligently to get down my overall CC uti to under 30%. Not an easy thing to do when all you have is "toy" limits lol. Today my TU went from a 650 to 676 on MyFico. I've read that Synchrony likes scores to be above 670 so I jumped on it. I went to chat and asked for 5k...and I got approved for the 5k!!! There was probably money left on the table, but oh well.  I'm shocked they actually matched. I had just requested 5k on my Amazon Prime store card before trying Old Navy and they countered me with 4k and my limit with Amazon was higher at $800. Lesson learned to ask for way more next time!

I hope this information is helpful to anyone with an Old Navy card wondering about CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Old Navy CLI

Congrats on the CLI and the mysterious SCT in March!

Did you already have a login to OldNavy when you got the SCT or was it a guest account at checkout?  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I already had a login from ordering from there in the past.

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI and the mysterious SCT in March!

Did you already have a login to OldNavy when you got the SCT or was it a guest account at checkout?  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!  Does the Old Navy CC offer any benefits over using a rewards card?  Discounts or cashback from ON purchases or anything?

I like my Comenity store card with Williams Sonoma because of the 5% rewards and birthday $25 and random 20% off sales (cheaper than Amazon).

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops nevermind I looked it up.  Looks like a 5% rewards card with possibilities to get even more rewards based on spend or something.  Not bad, better than putting it on a cashback rewards card if you shop there a lot (which I don't, but I do go to Banana Republic every few months).

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oops nevermind I looked it up.  Looks like a 5% rewards card with possibilities to get even more rewards based on spend or something.  Not bad, better than putting it on a cashback rewards card if you shop there a lot (which I don't, but I do go to Banana Republic every few months).

You can also use the card at Banana Republic, Athleta, & Gap. You can shop at all 4 stores and do a single check out if you wanted to. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know!  I'm gardening right now but I'll watch for it -- if it's a SP I might consider it.  Not worried about AAoA but would prefer to keep inqs to zero until next May other than one more planned inq or two with NFCU in August this year.

Appreciate the feedback!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know!  I'm gardening right now but I'll watch for it -- if it's a SP I might consider it.  Not worried about AAoA but would prefer to keep inqs to zero until next May other than one more planned inq or two with NFCU in August this year.

Appreciate the feedback!

Good luck to you! I'm in the same boat. Gardening until the fall when I will app NFCU. I am established with them, but need to wait until September when a good chunk of inquiries fall off. 

Message 8 of 9
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Re: Old Navy CLI & SCT

Congrats that's awesome
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.