Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy Store Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Navy Store Card Approval

Hi everyone,

I thought since I like to lurk around these forums and see everyone's good luck I would share some good luck I got.

I only have 2 credit cards at the moment Capital One QS1 - $800 and Kohls - $300.

I really like shopping at Old navy so i thought i would try and apply for their store card, I applied online and got the message to call in so I did that and was told I was approved for the store card with a limit of $500 HeartSmiley Happy Yay!!!

I also tried applying for JCP later that day but received the 7-10 day message... oh well! I am happy with my 3 cards I got now and will not apply for any more until next year. Smiley Wink

In the future i would love to get the discover it card Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Old Navy Store Card Approval

Welcome to boards, and much congrats to you on your success with approvals!

The JCP may not be a denial! It could also be a verification letter. Synch isn't known to send those out very often, but Ive received them before. Just wait until you get the letter to see if its denial or verification.

If its denial, wait till Christmas time, and apply at register in store..youll get in then after having your ON card for a few months!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pizza1!

I will come back to this topic when i receive the letter and give an update about what happened.

I hope its just a verification letter Smiley Very Happy

One quick bit of news Old Navy is already reporting as opened on my Experian report and I haven't even received the card yet.

Message 3 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks pizza1!

I will come back to this topic when i receive the letter and give an update about what happened.

I hope its just a verification letter Smiley Very Happy

One quick bit of news Old Navy is already reporting as opened on my Experian report and I haven't even received the card yet.

Yes, Synch is fast on reporting.  Hoping its verification, but if not, not panic..its ok.  try again at Christmas time at the register, or next year if you really want, need , and use this card.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and Welcome
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome and congrats on all of your successes!!!

Message 6 of 12
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

welcome 2 the forum & Congrats on approvals........

Message 7 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 12
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I thought since I like to lurk around these forums and see everyone's good luck I would share some good luck I got.

I only have 2 credit cards at the moment Capital One QS1 - $800 and Kohls - $300.

I really like shopping at Old navy so i thought i would try and apply for their store card, I applied online and got the message to call in so I did that and was told I was approved for the store card with a limit of $500 HeartSmiley Happy Yay!!!

I also tried applying for JCP later that day but received the 7-10 day message... oh well! I am happy with my 3 cards I got now and will not apply for any more until next year. Smiley Wink

In the future i would love to get the discover it card Smiley LOL

First off grats!!!

Second, you should try chat and see if you can get the limit raised.

I was able to go from an initial approval of $600 I think, to $4000, just thru the chat option online.  If you have to call in and see if they can raise it.  They seem really good about that. Sending good vibes on that and the JCP!!!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.