Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One...More...Card??

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Re: One...More...Card??

So...the results are in...I was able to recon for Chase Freedom, however, I had to sacrifice the Amazon Visa (also a Chase) card as, per the analyst, I couldn't do both right now. However, I was only left with a $500 CL, the same as the Amazon Visa. Not sure why when I got approved for Discover and Citi for $2k, but hey, no complaints on my end. I'll take the $500 and maybe after a few months of fair spending and on-time payments, I can request a CLI.

Out of curiosity, is Chase known for such modest initial CL lines or is there something about me that they don't like. Smiley Tongue

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 11 of 20
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Any chance at an AMEX recon? I applied for the AMEX green and was denied. Definitely want to recon, but would like to recon for the gold card.

Any takes on my chances at a sucessful recon with AMEX?

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 12 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for the denial Smiley Sad

Generally, Amex will recon only if theres an error on your CR.
Message 13 of 20
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Doesn't hurt to try, right?

Does anyone have AMEX recon executive number?
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 14 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

Any chance at an AMEX recon? I applied for the AMEX green and was denied. Definitely want to recon, but would like to recon for the gold card.

Congrats on the Chase recon 

Amex will only recon if something was wrong on your CR's 

Recon will also cost you more HP's as well with them

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 20
iowapilot84
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

They didn't double pull me when I reconned with them for SPG last year. I have been with them since 03 and had existing cards. I asked that they take another look at the account. It went from denied to in process and then approved a couple days later. There was not a second hard pull and I didn't cite anything being wrong on my CRs when I asked for the recon. Of course, YMMV. 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $25K / Amex Hilton - $5K / Amex Hilton Surpass - $30K / Amex SimplyCash - $10K / Amex Platinum - NPSL / B&N MasterCard - $5K / BofA Travel Rewards - $2K / BofA Alaska Airlines - $8K / Capital One QuickSilver - $38K / Chase Hyatt - $15,000 / Chase Amazon - $9K / Chase IHG Rewards - $11K / Chase Marriott Premier - $10k / Chase United Explorer - $19.5K / Citi DoubleCash - $5.5K / Citi ThankYou Preferred -$23.1K / Citi AAdvantage - $17.5K / Citi Premier - $9.3K / Citi Prestige - $20K / Discover IT - $9K / Discover IT Miles - $9K / Fidelity Amex - $3K / Kohls - $1K / Lowes - $10K / PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards - $24.5K / PNC Visa - $9K / Target Charge - $500 / US Bank Club Carlson Premier Rewards - $7.5K / CU Visa - $11K / Wyndham Rewards - $5.6K

Message 16 of 20
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

I'm beginning to rethink the recon simply because I don't want an excess if inquiries. But I really would like an AMEX to add. Any suggestions in where to go from here and how long I should let the current cards mature before possibly reapplying?

Hopefully with better luck.
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 17 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

So...the results are in...I was able to recon for Chase Freedom, however, I had to sacrifice the Amazon Visa (also a Chase) card as, per the analyst, I couldn't do both right now. However, I was only left with a $500 CL, the same as the Amazon Visa. Not sure why when I got approved for Discover and Citi for $2k, but hey, no complaints on my end. I'll take the $500 and maybe after a few months of fair spending and on-time payments, I can request a CLI.

Out of curiosity, is Chase known for such modest initial CL lines or is there something about me that they don't like. Smiley Tongue

congrats on the recon for Chase

Message 18 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@iowapilot84 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

They didn't double pull me when I reconned with them for SPG last year. I have been with them since 03 and had existing cards. I asked that they take another look at the account. It went from denied to in process and then approved a couple days later. There was not a second hard pull and I didn't cite anything being wrong on my CRs when I asked for the recon. Of course, YMMV. 

Your file seems a lot thicker, as well. The OP has too thin of a file and is exhibiting credit-seeking behavior.

I wouldn't recommend reconning for Amex, however if you do best of luck, OP. I would recommend to lay low for some months and try again later. It's only a HP -- so long as you don't go crazy and how Amex you can handle your current lines they'd probably give you a revolver. I understand the want to establish your MSD -- however you have all of this year to establish that. Smiley Wink 

GL and congrats on your successes thus far!

Message 19 of 20
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

I think I'm going to let the current cards, as mentioned, age for a few months. I'll try back in about 3-4 months and see if that isn't sufficient enough for an AMEX.

I received my Discover IT card and nearly cried (tears of joy that is) when it showed my Equifax score of 732!! I was blown away and knew my score was decent, but to me, 732 is AMAZING! I am so proud of it and am still working my way up, and I have ALL of you to thank!!!

Thank you MyFico community!!!

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.