Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard CLI Increase success!!!

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Orchard CLI Increase success!!!

Was it a hard or soft pull?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 27
Axa
New Contributor

Wow, congratulations! I never thought it would be possible with Orchard Bank I received a similar letter. I'd also like to know whether they did a hard or soft pull for you. Mine was a hard pull.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 12 of 27
jbrickbm
New Contributor

I've had my orchard bank card since 2008, denied cli for years.  Are you still paying $60 AF?

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 13 of 27
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

I believe they did a hard pull but a $2,200 increase (from $300 to $2,500) was worth it in my opinion.  The small ding my score took vs. the long term benefit of no longer having a cc with a low limit more than makes up for it.

Message 14 of 27
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Believe it was a hard pull.  What was your increase if you don't mind me asking?  Did you have to jump through any hoops to get it or was it automatic?

Message 15 of 27
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

I'm still paying the AF.

Message 16 of 27
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!! I also have ORchard for 3yrs now and cl is $520. Tried calling emailing EO and everytime DENIED!! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Message 17 of 27
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Thanks to all the advice found here!

Message 18 of 27
jbrickbm
New Contributor

i think that im just going to cancel my Orchard card, 60 dollar af isnt worth it to me

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 19 of 27
Axa
New Contributor

@jbrickbm wrote:

i think that im just going to cancel my Orchard card, 60 dollar af isnt worth it to me

That's what I thought, until I realized that it was my oldest account. I think a couple thousand dollars of credit limit and the consistent aging of the account covers the pinch of AF for me. My AF is $80, and they waived it for another year at my strong request. I'll pay that for a few years until I have aged my newest accounts 2 years, then I'll tell them to drop it or I quit. In other words, I'm just using it as a tool for better credit like my other accounts, despite the ridiculous fee.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.