Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the $200k mark!

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Over the $200k mark!

@Anonymous wrote:

I started my rebuild on March 13, 2014, when I applied for my first credit card in about ten years.  I had a $470 CapOne card.  Today I applied with USAA for a CLI on my Amex I received last August.  After a few minutes I received a CLI increase to $15,000 from $5000.  In any event, I wanted to break $200,000 before my one year anniversary of my rebuild.  Really happy about this!!! 

Fantastic, grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be happy to break $20K. Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 31
bobbay
Established Contributor

Congrats!   Nice work B-rad

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 23 of 31
jre
Regular Contributor

Next post OP reports his cards are shut down and he wonders why. Seriously, not a good post and I think wrong advice for those rebuilding. To apply for as much credit on such a short period of time, in almost all other circumstances, is not wise on many levels. Glad for you OP, but  not sure this is the right place to gloat.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jre wrote:

Next post OP reports his cards are shut down and he wonders why. Seriously, not a good post and I think wrong advice for those rebuilding. To apply for as much credit on such a short period of time, in almost all other circumstances, is not wise on many levels. Glad for you OP, but  not sure this is the right place to gloat.

I guess I missed the part where the OP was advising anybody to do the same thing.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My situation is weird too.  I got a home improvement loan last fall that changed my mix of credit on the Experian scoring model which made a huge weird difference with Chase and Comenity; thus the ability to even get the kind of credit I did in the last six months.  I also charged A LOT with Chase and paid it all off.  Not everyone can do that.  I wouldn't recommend anyone do what I did unless they had my same circumstances, which I doubt most people do.  I also just got a new car financed by BMW Financial and the only things that's left is my final financing on the house but the bank has committed to the deal once the construction is finished next month.  The use the Experian score as well that I can view on Credit Sesame, and I'm good there. I doubt my cards are going to get shut down because I am not going to charge them up; I have enough credit that I could use about $20 or $30k with no worries I think, but no more than that.

Message 26 of 31
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go on your road to credit recovery!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 27 of 31
Focused10
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your journey. It does give others hope that it can be done.

In defense of the seemingly negative poster, I have to agree that you do have A LOT of small limits, which in my opinion I would rather have higher limits on some great cards than a ton of small, insignificant ones. Nevertheless, to each his own. I do agree it's time to garden because that's a lot of credit and inquiries.

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ones with small limits are cards I use either for gas rewards as stations I use or are merchants I use and I get a discount for having that card - Men's Wearhouse, Brooks Brothers and Dillard's.  I have only applied for store cards where I shop.  Just a thing.  I looked at closing some; problem is I use them.

Message 29 of 31
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

congratulations!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.