cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Shopping Cart Approval - How do I get my account #?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock Shopping Cart Approval - How do I get my account #?

The shopping cart was kind to me today and approved me for a 2,000 CL. My question is, I didn't actually buy anything and I can only see the last 4 digits of the account on the checkout page (the rest is xxxx'd out) How do I get my account number? Do I actually HAVE to buy something? I haven't gotten an e-mail....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Overstock Shopping Cart Approval - How do I get my account #?

They will mail you a card. In the meantime, if you want to use it it will probably appear as a payment option when you get to the payment screen. Until very recently, you could open an onlne account with Comenity using your SSN, but I've read recent posts that say that no longer works.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's totally fine. It just seemed odd that there was no follow-up. I really only went for it to increase my overall CL to dazzle with a super low UTIL.

Do they report regardless of use?

Message 3 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's totally fine. It just seemed odd that there was no follow-up. I really only went for it to increase my overall CL to dazzle with a super low UTIL.

Do they report regardless of use?

They will report regardless of use, but lets say down the road you get a credit limit increase, and you still don't use it...it will report only the initial CL. At least that is what I found to be true with my accounts. But mine do update frequently, as I use almost all of my cards. I do PIF on all of my store cards.

Message 4 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

When your card arrives and you set up online access you might already have another SP CLI waiting.

Most do even on a new account with the Comenity Overstock card.

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Always interested in how the SCT works for people. I've never had a reason to try it before, but it's cool to see that way around a HP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.