Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PITIFUL Cap1 CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PITIFUL Cap1 CLI

Every 3 days for the past month, I have been hitting the love button for a CLI on my Quicksilver. 

Capital One only wants to give me a $100 increase. I am currently at $1000 and the credit steps will kick in next month. 

I've only had the card since May, so it's been about 6 months & I guess I could use the card more since I moved all of my activity to my Amex for the bonus, .... but still, I would think I would be able to see more than just $100 everytime I try the love button. I think I might just give in before the credit steps increase happens. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
sgs71
Regular Contributor

Re: PITIFUL Cap1 CLI

Seems to be the thing w/ C1 the past few months.  $100-200 CLI....I've tried several times too and it's the same thing $100-200.  Other members have reported the same.

Message 2 of 14
Datx
Valued Contributor

@sgs71 wrote:

Seems to be the thing w/ C1 the past few months.  $100-200 CLI....I've tried several times too and it's the same thing $100-200.  Other members have reported the same.

Hmm, this is very interesting. We all know things do change. A few months ago, Cap One would allow multiple approvals. Now, they only allow one card every 6 months. Could things have changed now with CLI as well? 

Most have reported higher CLI being approved because their Cap One card heavily and paid the card off multiple times. So this could be a reason why the OP has not gotten anything higher than a $100-$200 increase. 

How about you sgs71? Are you using your card heavily and paying it off?

Message 3 of 14
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@sgs71 wrote:

Hmm, this is very interesting. We all know things do change. A few months ago, Cap One would allow multiple approvals. Now, they only allow one card every 6 months. Could things have changed now with CLI as well? 

Most have reported higher CLI being approved because their Cap One card heavily and paid the card off multiple times. So this could be a reason why the OP has not gotten anything higher than a $100-$200 increase. 

that worked on my first QS1 card as they approved me at $500 then jumped to $1k after 3 months then $2500 after 6 months. i applied for another QS1 and they gave me another $500 card and i used it like last card and only got a $100 increase after 3 months

Message 4 of 14
Datx
Valued Contributor

@ralvarez2678 wrote:

@Datx wrote:

@sgs71 wrote:

that worked on my first QS1 card as they approved me at $500 then jumped to $1k after 3 months then $2500 after 6 months. i applied for another QS1 and they gave me another $500 card and i used it like last card and only got a $100 increase after 3 months

Yikes. So in at least one case...maybe Cap One has changed their CLI amounts. 

Message 5 of 14
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

last month, they offered me 1k, and I accepted.

Gonna retry in 6 months.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Last CLI was $1000, this one was inly $300. We will see what happens next 6 month CLI!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Datx wrote:

@sgs71 wrote:

Not true. I recieved 2 Cap One cards in August. 24 days apart. QS and Venture One.

Message 8 of 14
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Datx wrote:

@sgs71 wrote:

Not true. I recieved 2 Cap One cards in August. 24 days apart. QS and Venture One.

Not true in your case. But many have reported that Cap One has changed this recently. But I don't know if they waited 24 days like you did

Message 9 of 14
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Every 3 days for the past month, I have been hitting the love button for a CLI on my Quicksilver. 

Capital One only wants to give me a $100 increase. I am currently at $1000 and the credit steps will kick in next month. 

I've only had the card since May, so it's been about 6 months & I guess I could use the card more since I moved all of my activity to my Amex for the bonus, .... but still, I would think I would be able to see more than just $100 everytime I try the love button. I think I might just give in before the credit steps increase happens. 

I would recommend NOT hitting the accept button for a tiny increase. One thing I have seen very consistent is that people who accept an increase prior to steps increase will only get the bare minimum steps increase. For those that didn't get a CLI before, it allows larger increases if allowed. My friend went from $500 --> $3500 (rejecting small increase offer) when steps hit... where as many people who accepted $100 increase got the minimum. I've seen this be the case across the board. You can do what you want and certainly YMMV but I would not accept a piddly $100 bucks for any reason personally.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.