Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRG approved. Card design ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRG approved. Card design ?

Instantly approved for Amex PRG. Went for the 65k bonus. 40k first year, 25k year two. Just got BCE last Monday, should've tried for both same day to go for one HP, but what's done is done. EX FICO 8 718. 15 inq. Officially heading to the garden for 2 years.

I've read recently that some PRG's were being sent out with the old design ? More gold in color and white Amex letters. Anyone recently receive a PRG and have insight as to which design I might receive ? I prefer the design with black Amex letters. Doesn't really matter to me just wondering.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: PRG approved. Card design ?

I got a replacement PRG recently and here is design. 

IMG_7818.jpg

Message 2 of 31
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

I just got mine today (new approval) it is very gold with white letters. Not like the pic above
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like some people are getting the old design while others aren't. I wonder if Amex is doing some type of Pilot in select markets/customers..
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the PRG replaced on August 8 due to the back laminate coming off, I had the old design, with black characters. 

When I first saw the new one, I thought it did not print out correctly because it looked much darker, then, when I put therm side by side I've noticed the slight design changes all around. The fonts are different, both in the title and in the "member since area".  

I must say the new design does not look as premium. The old card was close to perfect and now it's just average, largely due to the over-saturated black pattern on top of the gold.

The new design does not look right, the part on the outside of the classic Amex border still retains the same shade of gold while the area inside the border is much darker now.

Still one of my favorite cards, as far as perks go. 

Message 5 of 31
elim
Senior Contributor

I have the white letter one.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

There seems to be an even newer design. It's much darker looking gold and the Amex letters are white with black shading. Interested to see which one I receive.

Message 7 of 31
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Just got mine on Saturday...mine has white lettering.

Message 8 of 31
sjt
Senior Contributor

Nothing could be worse when the cards had the Amex lettering was in a small font. This was back in early 2000 and  it was awful.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got mine back in May, and it has the black lettering at the top.

I agree that what was referred to as the "old" design (white lettering) looked better, at least to me. 

The one positive I can see with the design I have (black lettering at the top) is that the card number and name is embossed with gold instead of black.  On the old cards, that black was always quick to wear off, while the gold seems to stay around for a while longer.

It will be interesting to see if they are indeed changing back to the design with the white lettering at the top.  IMO, it's a more 'classic' look, but I guess as long as it works I'm happy.

To the OP, congrats on your PRG approval, whatever color it is!  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.