Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Visa/PSL approval!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSECU Visa/PSL approval!!!!

So, I was going to wait a couple of months to app for this as this was going to be my final and last application for quite some time. But, I pulled the trigger and was approved for the max, 20K Visa/PSL combo! Looks like all I will really have left to do is request my Amex 3x CLI and I will be gardening for quite some time. My final card will be a CSP Mastercard, but I will not app for that for some time (maybe a year or longer). I will probably sock the Freedom card (crap limit - their loss Smiley Tongue ) until better rewards pop up and give PSECU a little love and as always keep my AMEX as my primary cards.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
rtw
Established Contributor

Re: PSECU Visa/PSL approval!!!!

Congrats! Love PSECU.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 2 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I was going to wait a couple of months to app for this as this was going to be my final and last application for quite some time. But, I pulled the trigger and was approved for the max, 20K Visa/PSL combo! Looks like all I will really have left to do is request my Amex 3x CLI and I will be gardening for quite some time. My final card will be a CSP Mastercard, but I will not app for that for some time (maybe a year or longer). I will probably sock the Freedom card (crap limit - their loss Smiley Tongue ) until better rewards pop up and give PSECU a little love and as always keep my AMEX as my primary cards.

CONGRATS!!!!

Awesome CL!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats !!

Is the EX score in your sig a FICO?

Message 4 of 24
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I would do that if I needed another card, but I don't.   And the PSECU card has no rewards.... I have always wondered about this.   I have cards with lower APR -and- rewards, so the only benefit to applying would be to have another big credit line on my credit reports..... but my util is already just fine, so I think I will save this app for the time PSECU comes out with a rewards Visa.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats !!

Is the EX score in your sig a FICO?

Thanks all!

CS800,

Yes that is my EX Fico score in my sig.

I primarily app'd for the low APR rate and high CL because my total CL is only 8.5k w/o the card. I don't usually carry a balance but should the need ever arise and I don't have a 0% promo left on my cards.

Message 6 of 24
gettnthere
Established Contributor

CONGRATS! That's awesome they gave u 20k. If u dont mind my asking, do you have a high income or average?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
CONGRATS! That's awesome they gave u 20k. If u dont mind my asking, do you have a high income or average?

Im interested to know as well. I'd like to get up to 15K or so bu feel as if they want high income to do that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

Seems like they max out their VISA/PSL at 20/20.

Wouldnt mind this in the future.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average income but lots of assets. The max I could request for the combo was 20k, so I figured I would ask for it and let them counter to maximize my limit. They never countered and approved for the full 20k.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.