Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal 2% CLI!! It's a big one for me.

tag
shoegal
Valued Contributor

PayPal 2% CLI!! It's a big one for me.

I got my PayPal 2% on August 31st with a $3k starting limit, and my score was 690 TU at that time. These past few months my scores have dropped because of a few balance transfers (helping out fam in PR) that raised my UTIL from 8% to 49%, but I'm working on it, got a second job, and I'm paying everything off on time and fast. Only two cards have those high balances, and everything else is at zero balance and, I've student loans, but I pay them on time every month too. I mentioned all of that because I have not gotten a CLI on any of my CCs at all, not on Amex, Discover, and the others. And I completely understand because my UTIL is very high right now. I'm very surprised that I got this CLI at all but super happy about it. Here are the deets.

TU: 666

SL: $3,000

UTIL: 49%

Income: $100k

New limit: $4,500 - so yeah I got a $1,500 increase. That's my first big increase ever.

I tried asking for a CLI twice before but got denied for not using the credit line enough so these past two months I used my card for everything and paid in full before the statement cut. My 3rd statement was a few days ago (it cut with a balance under 28%), and I asked for the CLI today.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PayPal 2% CLI!! It's a big one for me.

Congratulations on the CLI there!

Message 2 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Thank you simplynoir!!

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job ShoegalSmiley Happy. Now that you got that first increase, theyll come much easier now. Yikes though on the TU, quick app another card haha to get that puppy off the triple 6Smiley Wink

Hope the fam is making out alittle better, if you arent in the metro area i know its still tough going with no lights. Sending my best to everyoneSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Thanks, AJC! I can't wait for that TU score to go up. lol That number is so feo. Smiley LOL

My fam is ok. They got power for the first time a few days after Thanksgiving, but it comes and goes. They are in the metro area but their neighborhood had a lot of damages. I hope you and your fam are good!

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks, Shoegal, yeah we all have lights, seems to be steadier now though of course one never knows nowadaysSmiley Wink.

This card should grow nicely nowSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have been looking to get my CLI on this card also but haven’t yet. I’m hoping in the next month or so I’ll have some good luck.

From the fact that this card is with SYNC you stand a good chance that this card will GROW BIG!
Message 7 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's great, congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Adkins and @cr3dit5hark!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.