Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Approval ($2,750)!

tag
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

PayPal Credit Approval ($2,750)!

OK, I'm done for real now. 2016 has been amazing! (The top line of my macro signature lists all of 2016's approvals, which began in late November. Hover your mouse over the images to see CL details.)

I wanted to take advantage of the 6 month financing they offer for purchases over $99, as I was in the market for some Tiffany glasses for the wife. I really like that interest-deferred financing is available from both PayPal (which I can use for eBay and a host of other sites) and Amazon (since I shop on there a ton). The fact that they are not "introductory" rates and offers, but rather ongoing features of the CLs is extremely appealing.

Anyone else rocking some PP Credit?

Also, I believe that PayPal doesn't actually report to bureaus, which could be a good thing for anyone needing to carry a short term balance. I could be wrong, though.

CreditXpert Scores: EX [672] | EQ [681] | TU [677] | American Express FICO 8: EX [698]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit Approval ($2,750)!

Awesome!! Congrats on your approval. Who did they pull from for paypal?

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My PayPal has always reported.  It started as PayPal credit and then they recently upgraded me to the MC.  But it has always reported. 

Message 3 of 19
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My PayPal has always reported.  It started as PayPal credit and then they recently upgraded me to the MC.  But it has always reported. 

Thing is, that's probably the PayPal MasterCard. My wife has had PayPal Credit for two or three years, and it's never shown on her report(s). I also found this after a quick Google search, which corroborates my statement.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Products/PayPal-Credit-and-Credit-Bureau-s/td-p/942754

CreditXpert Scores: EX [672] | EQ [681] | TU [677] | American Express FICO 8: EX [698]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe there are two different kinds of Paypal Credit, one is issued by Synchrony (Smart Connect & Mastercard) and the other is issued by Comenity Capital Bank. I'm not certain but I believe it is only the Comenity Paypal Credit that does not report to credit bureaus. I have the Comenity Paypal Credit which so far has not reported.

Message 5 of 19
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe there are two different kinds of Paypal Credit, one is issued by Synchrony (Smart Connect & Mastercard) and the other is issued by Comenity Capital Bank. I'm not certain but I believe it is only the Comenity Paypal Credit that does not report to credit bureaus. I have the Comenity Paypal Credit which so far has not reported.

Correct. The standard PayPal Credit is what "BillMeLater" became, which is offered through Comenity. It, in fact, does not report to the bureaus. A hidden line, imo, is a neat thing to have for utilization purposes. Obviously, it isn't going to help you build your AAoA, overall limits, etc., but being able to carry a balance without it counting against you is pretty major.

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 6 of 19
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Khalifa_Jayy wrote:

OK, I'm done for real now. 2016 has been amazing! (The top line of my macro signature lists all of 2016's approvals, which began in late November. Hover your mouse over the images to see CL details.)

I wanted to take advantage of the 6 month financing they offer for purchases over $99, as I was in the market for some Tiffany glasses for the wife. I really like that interest-deferred financing is available from both PayPal (which I can use for eBay and a host of other sites) and Amazon (since I shop on there a ton). The fact that they are not "introductory" rates and offers, but rather ongoing features of the CLs is extremely appealing.

Anyone else rocking some PP Credit?

Also, I believe that PayPal doesn't actually report to bureaus, which could be a good thing for anyone needing to carry a short term balance. I could be wrong, though.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

YES SIR

I just landed that hidden gem a few days ago and got approved for $3,750.00. Its the Comenity version.

I tried 2X to get Blispay and was denied for my BK.

I love the fact that its a hidden trade line and anything over $99 is 6 months 0%.

Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats those are some good credit limits. They started me off a baby 500. Im at 1590 after an auto increase. Gets the job done thoughSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 19
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I will look at this tradeline next year. In the garden now.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. Exactly right. I also have the Comenity Paypal Credit and it is a hidden tradeline which I love. Congratulations to you!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.