Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Shocked Me Today...Again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Credit Shocked Me Today...Again

I viewed my PPC online today and was surprised to see a figure that wasn't usually there and instantly wondered if it was an error (I had just woken up). Anyhow, after a few seconds, I've learned that it was a CLI. I've had the account for 1.5 years now so the trend seems to be a credit limit increase every 6 months. Was this your experience with your PPC?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit Shocked Me Today...Again

Congrats, i have had the card about a year and just recently got my first cli, so not sure if its a set time or your profile. I do enjoy an auto luv the most because a) its not expected and b) its always nice to bigger numbers on your cl hahaSmiley Happy hopefully in 6 months theyll hit me up againSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I think the OP is talking about the paypal credit not their credit card line. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 22
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I remember a  thread I made...maybe 6 months ago...lol   It  was on the same thing but yeah had to check so, maybe?  I did check my acct.  I haven't gotten an email on the last 2 raises until some weeks after.  So maybe an email is forthcoming...lol

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I've had the account for 16 months, not 18 months. I don't think the CLI has to do with time. My last increase was 9 months ago.

Message 5 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the post OP.. Made me just check mine and I got a 1k auto CLI within the last few days as well lol..  They must of just done a round of account reviews

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had one $2000 CLI out of the blue but I was running at about 60-80% util on the 6mo special financing.  I've mainly gotten bumps doing purchases over the limit.

Has anyone gotten CLIs when they had little to no utilization on Paypal credit?

Message 7 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Actually when i got my increase it was maybe a month or two after i paid off my balance to 0. So when i did get my increase, auto, it was when i had zero on the card. Hope that helpsSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks for the post OP.. Made me just check mine and I got a 1k auto CLI within the last few days as well lol..  They must of just done a round of account reviews

CC, what limit are you at now?  I didnt get a CLi this time arund but got one last month for a purchase.  I'm at $5,324 and wonder how high they'll go.

Message 9 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

CC, what limit are you at now?  I didnt get a CLi this time arund but got one last month for a purchase.  I'm at $5,324 and wonder how high they'll go.

5200 was at 4200 and some change prior..  Not sure how high they will go.  Have about 900 on 0% 6 month financing now with them.  You have me slightly beat as normalSmiley Happy.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.