cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Extras MC Increase..Important please read. Useful info.

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

PayPal Extras MC Increase..Important please read. Useful info.

Useful information. I requested an increase on my Paypal Extras MC via the love button, denied!  So I go online chat request an increase, denied! Thirdly I call Synchrony Credit Solutions Number asked for an increase (my limit was $5,000), I request an increase to $10,000, place on hold, came back in three minutes asked to hold another three minutes then she said I can increase your limit to $8,000 and you will recieve a letter as to why we couldn't increase to the full amount. So it goes to show you that your best change for an approval is to call Synchrony Credit Solutions. I would have asked for 25k but i know my income won't support that amount so i am more realistic. I just raised it a few months ago less than 2-3 months ago. I felt that I left money on the table so I went back and asked for more. I'm happy with my 8k limit. You get different answers depending on the method, luv button seems hardest for change at increase. always call. I have had luck with chat sometimes but as i found out today calling credit solutions is the best way. They do a soft pull as of the day you request the increase.  So this is a good useful tip. I'd heard it before... Hope this helps others!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Extras MC Increase..Important please read. Useful info.

Hi there-
Ok, silly questions coming, you have been warned.... I have the PP MC, can you tell me where the love button is or the chat function on there website? I don't see either. I log into PayPal regular site, then it takes me to the sync PayPal site and that is where i do not see any buttons or chat funcation options. Just the usual pay bill, acct activities, etc
Message 2 of 16
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Once paypal takes you to the synchrony website and logs you in the luv button is under services, then select credit limit increase, it will ask for current income information and it will come back with approval or denial. the chat function is in the upper right hand corner and will say live chat available. Hope this helps...

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm, I wonder if I am having website issues. I have never seen the chat function not even once when I have been logged in and also under services it only says contact us, then gives a 24 phone number. I wonder who I would contact about this tech error?
Message 4 of 16
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Oh by the way when i first got the paypal extras mc i had a small limit less than a 1000 then it went to 5k but it they denied me for several months before i got it. come to find out it is all driven by fico score mostly. because once my fico went about 670, 680 and above 700 it started approving me but only thru credit solutions. i got alot of denials before i got some yes answers. was a hard nut to crack just like i had to apply 4 times before i got a marvel card and what changed that allowed me to get it is that my score went into the 700 range. that sealed the approval and me getting the card after the 4th try. thing is with synchrony bank they are not the ones to use to revolve a balance their rates are too high and they are not competitive with their interest. sure they give good increase amounts but no apr reductions or balance transfer checks and no promo offers. they are good for utilization and their cash limit is low at 20% of credit line. but i don't use credit advances and they don't like you to use that feature. it'll lower your score for the internal score they keep. they consider two scores for increases the internal score based on account performance with them and your payment history and then your fico score.

Message 5 of 16
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

That is strange. You have the paypal extras master card correct?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I got it just 2 months ago. Do you think that may be the problem? At first I couldn't even edit my personal info online, it kept giving me that contact us 24 hours a day 7 days a week number I was telling you about. Then finally, I can now edit personal info without calling but i just checked and it just says add a card holder under the services tab. Hmmmm, wondering if I should call and ask what's up. I thought the site looked a little light in features compared to my Walmart sign in site... now I have confirmed I seem to be missing some features
Message 7 of 16
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

The other features might show up later after you have had you account for a longer period. I never noticed anything different because the synchrony site just went live a few months ago for paypal linking to synchrony site and i've had mine 7 or 8 months think i got it last july so 9 months old.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase. How long in did you wait after a denial before tryouts not a different method"

Message 9 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@jtw34240 wrote:

Useful information. I requested an increase on my Paypal Extras MC via the love button, denied!  So I go online chat request an increase, denied! Thirdly I call Synchrony Credit Solutions Number asked for an increase (my limit was $5,000), I request an increase to $10,000, place on hold, came back in three minutes asked to hold another three minutes then she said I can increase your limit to $8,000 and you will recieve a letter as to why we couldn't increase to the full amount. So it goes to show you that your best change for an approval is to call Synchrony Credit Solutions. I would have asked for 25k but i know my income won't support that amount so i am more realistic. I just raised it a few months ago less than 2-3 months ago. I felt that I left money on the table so I went back and asked for more. I'm happy with my 8k limit. You get different answers depending on the method, luv button seems hardest for change at increase. always call. I have had luck with chat sometimes but as i found out today calling credit solutions is the best way. They do a soft pull as of the day you request the increase.  So this is a good useful tip. I'd heard it before... Hope this helps others!

Hi..

That is a well known fact around these parts. Also, the SP is NOT ALWAYS a current one - they have been known to use a SP from the last AR which can be a few months old. 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.