Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC - 2% Cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal MC - 2% Cashback

I got the email from PayPal about this card and it wasn't any sort of pre-approval thing. But it just intrigued me so I figured what the hell and what do I have to lose?

I applied and was approved for $300. Not the giant credit limit that some people tend to get with PayPal but this is how my CareCredit started and it's at $7k now.

From what I've seen it seems that the PayPal card can grow quickly with you. Which I hope is the truth cause I would love to have it up around $7k or more. With 2% Cashback on everything plus no annual fee is a good deal.

For those wondering what my credit score was at the time of this it was 644 and they pulled my TU score.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal MC - 2% Cashback

Congrats VBSmiley Happy, Something tells me thats your temporary limit and itll be higher once you get your cardSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Well it shows my temporary limit at $250 but the actual credit limit to be $300.

Should I recon that and see if they would give me more?
Message 3 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, thats kind of weird. So you already got the card? I know Sync doesnt recon but the positive is this card should grow nicely with sp luv with a couple calls to CS.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received the card yet as I just applied today but the page it loaded after saying congrats you're approved showed limited spending limit $250 now and then $300 when you get the card and activate it.

But even with the low limit I'll take it cause it seems like a card that grows quickly for most around here.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 7 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I still say its more lol. Hopefully when it comes, itll be like 3k Smiley Wink, if not it will grow, but they should really not be giving out only $300 on a cb card. For shame Paypal, you are not the TargetSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think it's crazy for them to give only $300!
Message 9 of 20
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Others have received $300 limits as well.

I'll bet $300 IS the limit.

OP is right though. Play the Synchrony process to your advantage and it will be a $12k-$15k card in a year

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.