Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Cashback MC Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal 2% Cashback MC Approval!

Hi all!! I am so stoked right now! I apped for a Walmart card back in September, denied most likely due to my low credit score then and utilization on my cards, plus I had some negative accounts.  I have been keeping my eye on the Paypal Cashback card and cleaned up my report. Lowered utilization, got the negative deleted from my report and finally decided to bite the bullet and apply for the Paypal Cashback card today and got approved for $2k!  This is my highest SL! I started rebuilding in March of this year and at that time was only approved for secured cards and a Total Visa card which, of course, had ridiculous fees.  I am planning to close the Total Visa card and any secured cards not benefiting me.  From what I have read on here, Synchrony is generous with CLI so let's hope I can grow with this card.  Oh, my TU Fico 8 is 672.  This is a long way from mid-500s when I started rebuilding back in March. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback MC Approval!

Way to go!! Your Tu is on the verge of the bigger cli's, good jobSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I am so excited! My TU is the higher of the 3 scores. My EX and EQ are about 40 points lower for some reason.
Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 4 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! It's a great card to have, just PIF though!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I am planning to PIF on this one. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats I also got approved for a 2k limit today
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Congrats! How exciting! Synchrony has already reported to all 3 CRAs for me and I haven't even received the card yet.  I got the email this morning saying my card was shipped and should be here within 2-5 days. They seem to be on it so hopefully you will get yours pretty quickly as well.

Message 8 of 10
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Congrats

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.