Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Promise - Approved!

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Pen Fed Promise - Approved!

So this Quarter, my Pen Fed accoutn had a bunch of different pre-approvals for me. I didn't know which offer I was going to take, but decided to take the Promise Card, pre-approved for $21.8k. I have a bunch of rewards cards, and lacked just a card with a low interest rate just in case I needed to carry a balance. 7.49% rate for 36 months, 9.99% thereafter, 4.99% rate on Balance Transfers, with no fees. Just a simple, regular credit card, lol. Plus, you can't beat a pre-approval, with no HP.

People complain about Pen Fed, but they have been great for me.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Promise - Approved!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 8
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!!!!

Message 3 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats..

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emptypockets wrote:

So this Quarter, my Pen Fed accoutn had a bunch of different pre-approvals for me. I didn't know which offer I was going to take, but decided to take the Promise Card, pre-approved for $21.8k. I have a bunch of rewards cards, and lacked just a card with a low interest rate just in case I needed to carry a balance. 7.49% rate for 36 months, 9.99% thereafter, 4.99% rate on Balance Transfers, with no fees. Just a simple, regular credit card, lol. Plus, you can't beat a pre-approval, with no HP.

People complain about Pen Fed, but they have been great for me.

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Woman Tongue

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.