Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed AMAZING CLI and BCE approval

tag
jla84
Regular Contributor

PenFed AMAZING CLI and BCE approval

Wow I haven't been here in a long time! But I thought I'd share my credit excitement! 

1. BCE approval! You might remember that I put off applying for the BCE for a long time because I was worried about getting a crappy initial CL. Well, I finally pulled the trigger and they gave me $9,000!

I actually finally just went ahead with it because I got an email offering $250 Reward Dollars after reaching $1000 in purchases after 3 months.....unfortunately the email didn't have a working link and it didn't come with an RSVP code. Smiley Sad Phone and Secure Message CSRs were clueless, but I finally got some help from a lovely person named Rachel at @AskAmex on twitter who said they could honor the offer. I just reached the $1000 marker, so I'm crossing my fingers! 

2. The magical gold box o' offers on the PenFed website offered a $22,000 increase on my Travel Rewards Amex. I didn't believe it at first.....but the available credit in my account now states $36,000. Unbelievable! I was shaking when it went thru! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed AMAZING CLI and BCE approval

Congrats! What a CLI!
Message 2 of 16
virgo
Established Contributor

Very nice.

Message 3 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

WOW!!! Congrats! BCE is one of my fav cards. I use it regularly and pif.

You MUST try for a 3xcli in 61+ days!! I bet you could easily get a 27k limit esp after that 36k reports. I hope that PenFed approves me some day! lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Wow Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Way to go! Congratulations!

Message 6 of 16
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  I'd like to get one of those offers from PenFed.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 16
jla84
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

WOW!!! Congrats! BCE is one of my fav cards. I use it regularly and pif.

You MUST try for a 3xcli in 61+ days!! I bet you could easily get a 27k limit esp after that 36k reports. I hope that PenFed approves me some day! lol

I thought Amex gave CLIs up to 25K before they start scrutinizing you. Did that change?

Thanks everyone! I'm still thrilled about all of this! 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jla84 wrote:

Wow I haven't been here in a long time! But I thought I'd share my credit excitement! 

1. BCE approval! You might remember that I put off applying for the BCE for a long time because I was worried about getting a crappy initial CL. Well, I finally pulled the trigger and they gave me $9,000!

@I actually finally just went ahead with it because I got an email offering $250 Reward Dollars after reaching $1000 in purchases after 3 months.....unfortunately the email didn't have a working link and it didn't come with an RSVP code. Smiley Sad Phone and Secure Message CSRs were clueless, but I finally got some help from a lovely person named Rachel at @AskAmex on twitter who said they could honor the offer. I just reached the $1000 marker, so I'm crossing my fingers! 

2. The magical gold box o' offers on the PenFed website offered a $22,000 increase on my Travel Rewards Amex. I didn't believe it at first.....but the available credit in my account now states $36,000. Unbelievable! I was shaking when it went thru! Smiley Very Happy

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Wow. nice CLI!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.