Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval Promise Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Approval Promise Card

After 4 years of repairing and getting approved with low credit lines (highest was 2350 with CapOne QS1) I heard about PenFed and decided to go for it. Signed up for a Promise Card since I read it was a beginner card and good to start with and got approved for $7500! This is now the highest limit CC I have.

They did pull from Equifax (In case some of you wanted to know) and my scores when I applied at the time were TU: 670 EQ: 672. I also have 3 Charged off accounts from 5 years ago.

Wanted to say thanks to the community, with the valueable information that goes around and is shared, it gives you some hope and great knowledge that members in the  same/similar situation go through this process and make it.

6/22/2017

Edit: I applied for the Power Cash Rewards a couple days after and got approved for $2500! Woot! <3 PenFed

-G

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Approval Promise Card

congrats and good work! they only gave me a 7k SL on my first card, and that was with clean reports and a 770 EQ score so you're doing something right!

Message 2 of 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the nice approval!

Remember the EQ score that THEY use isnt the one that you're seeing on MF or anywhere else - it is a proprietary score model 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your PenFed approval!!
Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I PROMISE your gonna luv PF HAHASmiley Happy

I'll see wanderingbuilders 7k and lower him 6.5 on how my first venture went with PFSmiley Wink Getting 7k + is probably like getting a 15k approval from Navy so you done goodSmiley Happy Enjoy!
Message 5 of 10
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your new Promise Card!! That's a great SL!!  Well deserved!

Message 6 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Primise approval that's awesome Op , are those Fico Or Fako from Credit Karma scores ?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on your Pen Fed approval.

I too started with the Promise card. less than a year ago.  It was my first application, as they are inquiry sensitive.

Subsequently I applied and was approved for their Defender card, and was approved for a CLI on both.  Not bad for two HPs in total.

Look at Pen Fed as an incredible opportunity for yourself in the long run.  Do all the positive things advocated here on this site, and just be patient with the process.  YMMV is a key component, even though it doesn't seem fair.

Below is a thread started by Baller4Life.  It is a little over a year old, and quite lengthy, but it gives lots of data on the experiences of others, and what they brought to the table credit wise when they submitted an application.  As you may notice, application approval standards tighten a bit at one point.  But all things can be cyclical, and loosen up again.  But the data is both incredible & priceless.

Congratz again ! ! ! !

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-...

GDough wrote:

After 4 years of repairing and getting approved with low credit lines (highest was 2350 with CapOne QS1) I heard about PenFed and decided to go for it. Signed up for a Promise Card since I read it was a beginner card and good to start with and got approved for $7500! This is now the highest limit CC I have.

They did pull from Equifax (In case some of you wanted to know) and my scores when I applied at the time were TU: 670 EQ: 672. I also have 3 Charged off accounts from 5 years ago.

Wanted to say thanks to the community, with the valueable information that goes around and is shared, it gives you some hope and great knowledge that members in the  same/similar situation go through this process and make it.

-G

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats on your Primise approval that's awesome Op , are those Fico Or Fako from Credit Karma scores ?

These are Fako from Credit Karma lol. I believe it was at a 640 when it was pulled.

-G

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratz on your Pen Fed approval.

I too started with the Promise card. less than a year ago.  It was my first application, as they are inquiry sensitive.

Subsequently I applied and was approved for their Defender card, and was approved for a CLI on both.  Not bad for two HPs in total.

Look at Pen Fed as an incredible opportunity for yourself in the long run.  Do all the positive things advocated here on this site, and just be patient with the process.  YMMV is a key component, even though it doesn't seem fair.

Below is a thread started by Baller4Life.  It is a little over a year old, and quite lengthy, but it gives lots of data on the experiences of others, and what they brought to the table credit wise when they submitted an application.  As you may notice, application approval standards tighten a bit at one point.  But all things can be cyclical, and loosen up again.  But the data is both incredible & priceless.

Congratz again ! ! ! !

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-p/4591561

GDough wrote:

-G

Thanks for the link I will definitely look into it, I'm already in love with PenFed that I plan on moving all my savings from Chase to PenFed. They have been way more generous with me and support has been quick.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.