Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval after recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Approval after recon

So i applied for the Power Cash reward card on 4-17 and was denied. After getting letter shortly after applying (through messages in PenFed main page) I wrote a short but percise reconsideration email and waited. Today I had some free time and decided to give them a call to try and recon my application since i had not received any cummunication from them since writing the letter. I spoke to a very nice lady that said she can see what she can do, and if she i would like she can transfer me over ro a L.O. after waiting for about 5-10mins, lady gets back to me and excuses for taking so long, Apparently she said her supervisor had approved my application for $500.00. (I though, o well at least it's a foot in the door). She said to log into my account in about 5 minutes to complete my application. So short while when by and logged in to complete app. To my surpise I notice application was approve for $7,500 sig. visa. But how i only had a savings (about 9 months old) I figured I would open an access checking (for the 2%) so they opened the checking with a $500 Overdraft Credit Line and that was fine by me. The only badpart is they hit me for another inquiry today beside the one for the 17th ugh. But i guess that was ok after getiing in with Penfed credit

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Approval after recon

WooHoo!! Awesome! Congrats.....great story......Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the great approval! 

Message 3 of 11
FA21
New Contributor

Could you please let us know your scores?  Thanks

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

my FICO 8 at time of denial was eq:690 PenFed Nexygen 699. Eq had 15 inq, (4 for an autoloan) I have a didmissed BK 4/2014 with no plantif and a $0 amount. (Bk was for my dads house that i was on deed.) It was in the process of modification and had a forcloser sale date. in order to stop date dingbat attorney said i should file bk that it would have no affect to stop sale. That was total BS. Funny thing is bank had already told bank attorney that modification was almost complete to stop sale. Only other derog on report was a leased auto repo 11 months before end of lease in 2010. AAoA is 51 months.

denial letter reason

Bankruptcy filing reported.

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta ❤️ PenFed they are just awesome! Super congrats agchenry on your approval! Enjoy your Power Rewards card! 😊
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks All! Good luck to you all

Message 8 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats, I got the message last night when I applied and I figured I had gone way too far on this spree.  I had also applied for the Ally card and got a 7-10 day message.

Today in my email I got a notice telling me I was approved and to call back and finish my membership application.  So I did and afterward I called Ally and checked on that app too.  Also approved so I think I really need to head to the garden very quickly.....  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm kinda pissed not gonna lie. I was already out of the garden and figured why not app the power cash rewards and I got the denial for Past or present delinquent account(s).
Length of time accounts have been established.
Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Will try a recon via the survey in the morning. I'm hoping I can get in and hopefully go for an auto loan as well. Congrats on getting your foot in the door!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.