Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed OMGGGGGG!!

tag
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed OMGGGGGG!!

Wow, awesome job, OP!!  Congrats on being in with PenFed and the great starting limit on your card!!!  I just joined, myself, thanks to this forum; loving them so far!!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 11 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I love PenFed! Great CLI!

Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!
Message 13 of 48
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah! And in all honestly all you need to do is talk to anyone and say I want to be reconsidered or send a email to them, they'll do it no questioned asked
Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really want that Amex and a Ploc....., but I will definitely try for the recon....
Message 15 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Congrats Remaa

2) I was approved for the Defender Visa, this morning...

Do call back and ask to app for the PLOC?

It'd be 'nice' to just have...is it hard to qualify?

Does bring about more initial scrutiny, to one's profile .....

I've heard PenFed can be prickly....compared to the easy goings I'm used to a NFCU

(Got Navy 15k CLOC basically as a throw in w/ car loan app)

What are the odds they'd approve a PLOC right away or should I wait till the CC is in hand?

It just seems I heard PenFed can be tricky, am I off base?

Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! What is your internal scoring with Penfed? Even though they pull your Equifax report, they don't use your regular Fico score, but their own. I'm thinking about applying for their credit cards too, but I'm just curious about the scores.
Message 17 of 48
myjourney
Super Contributor

MssRemaa congrats keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

micheland30 wrote:
Congrats! What is your internal scoring with Penfed? Even though they pull your Equifax report, they don't use your regular Fico score, but their own. I'm thinking about applying for their credit cards too, but I'm just curious about the scores.

How do you find that? Will they tell you if you ask or do you need to wait for mail?

Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You Fico Family! I'm new to Penfed... I have no idea what my score was... She never told me and everything was done over the phone... I can't login to my account until I receive a code.... All I know is my regular Eq is 690....
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.