Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed PCR Approval

tag
CramEiko
Established Contributor

PenFed PCR Approval

I had been on and off about applying for the PenFed PCR (to replace my high interest Cap1QS card) once I had learned about PenFed here in the Community. So I had started the process at least 3 seperate times (then clicked out) within the last week and I got an email yesterday saying something like this - "We noticed that you started your PenFed membership application but didn't complete it." Basically asking if I needed any help. Later in the same email it gave a web page to visit and a phone number saying - " Also, you can give us a call at 800/247-5626 and a member service representative can complete the process for you over the phone." So I called....

I couldn't have had a better experience. I was shocked at how much information I got (PenFed offers/Products and more) way better and more personalized than just a web app. When I called the 800# I got their Nebraska offices and probably the easiest banking I've ever done. Props to Tyler there in Nebraska for outstanding Customer Service. I did open a checking/savings to get the 2%CB... I can't remember the exact % rate Tyler quoted me, but it was in the 14's% (it's a start) and came with a CL of $14.5k, a nice surprise.... By the way.... he mentioned that PenFed has a cap of $50k on credit cards. So if later I request a higher CL or gain another product they would have to share a $50k limit. I haven't seen that bit of information anywhere yet.  Think I'll wait a while now before the next, but I do have my eye on the BofA Alaska Card (for the Companion fares)

Thanks again myFico Community  Smiley Very Happy

My short list: Citi AA (12.8k), Citi Costco (13.3k), Cap1QS (5.5k), ChaseSP (13.9k), PenFedPC (14.5k) - Edit add: PLC - BBVA (5.6k), EECU (3.5k)

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed PCR Approval

Awesome!! Way to go...congratulations!!

Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Really enjoying my power cash card myself.. Rewards post pretty much immediately after transation post along with only 5 dollar increments vs. 25 or 50 dollar ones.

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice approval! Penfed is greatSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  PENFED has excellent CSReps for sure. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the PCR approval. I just got in with PenFed too. Great Customer Service

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 6 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval and I do believe the max exposure would be 50k on all Cc products so if you had more than one card yes you would have to split it up accordingly
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! as cashback cards go, this is about as good as it gets for general spending, plus it has no foreign transactions to boot so you can take it on vacations abroad Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your PenFed approval! Yes, PenFed is great to talk to. I like them MUCH better than any other 'normal' bank
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.