Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card Instant Approval

Popped up on my dashboard and I read it and looks like I would get 2% cashback, sounded good, and applied and got instant approval. MyFICO scores below from this morning. First app this year. Less than 10inq on EQ. No baddies.  I also have a PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa and wondering if I can reallocate that credit line over to the new card, anyone know if PenFed allows that? TIA!

PenFed CR.JPG

FICO April 2017.JPG

Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card Instant Approval

Congrats on the approval! Yes you can reallocate from one card to another, but the card you are moving the credit line from has to be at a $0 balance (at least that's what I was told when I asked to do it!).

EQ: 740 TU: 728 EX: 699
Frequent Contributor

smc4getnot wrote:

Congrats on the approval! Yes you can reallocate from one card to another, but the card you are moving the credit line from has to be at a $0 balance (at least that's what I was told when I asked to do it!).

Ahhh...ok, I have $282.45 on it right now. I can pay that off no prob. Can I transfer all of it and close it down after that? I prefer cashback over points in this case.

Established Contributor

Unless something has changed within the last 4 months, I transferred it all (unlike Amex where you have to leave $1000) and closed out the account Smiley Happy

EQ: 740 TU: 728 EX: 699
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!! Nice SL to go with it, too
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (1,500) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Current Scores (6/8/17): 665 Transunion, 650 Equifax, 612 Experian
Frequent Contributor

smc4getnot wrote:

Unless something has changed within the last 4 months, I transferred it all (unlike Amex where you have to leave $1000) and closed out the account Smiley Happy

Lol. Ok, great. Will wait until the card pops on my dashboard, guessing tomorrow morning, and then pay off the other one too and get the new one and then call in and get a CSR to do it. Sweet! Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the awesome approval!!!!

Last HP-3/24/17
Established Contributor

Super congrats on your awesome PenFed approval that's one sweet SL too! 😊
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations!!! That is AWESOME!!
Valued Contributor

Great! Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.