Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Rewards w/ Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards w/ Data Points

"Remember that for the checking account, to avoid the $10 monthly service charge, you need to either maintain a $500 minimum balance of make $500 per month in direct deposits."

I plan on parking $500 in the checking indefinitely, it is there already. Thanks for the reminder!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards w/ Data PointsPenfed auto loan refinancing high Apr

Joined couple of days ago and Got approved for  this power cash visa card this morning for 3500 sl. 17.49 %  Apr. My Eq 691. Aaoa 10 months , utilization 6% . Clean report .

However it was not an instant approval. It Was referred to the loan officer after applying on saturday night. Surprisingly on sunday morning i received an email about some risk credit score document. And then when i checked the status it showed review as done, and there was a button to continue. I clicked it and it asked me to esign the documents and thats it. I was approved on a sunday ! No income verification or anything. Also got conditional approval for auto loan refinancing ,but with 4.25 % apr Smiley Sad which does not work for me ,because my apr with toyota is 4.0%. I have secure messaged them to reconsider lowering the apr , let see what happens. So ,how is their points rewards structure ? Is it worth applying for that 5 points on gas card? Is it as flexible redemption as cash back rewards? 

Message 12 of 13
VipreArmed
Contributor

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards w/ Data PointsPenfed auto loan refinancing high Apr

Considering coming out the garden because I want a CC from a credit union.  I'm already a member of Alliant but I decided to join PenFed and was speaking with the representative about the PenFed Power Cash Rewards card and he confirmed in order to get the card, you must have a 640 (his exact words).  I'm not sure if that information has been shared regarding the data points but this was the first time I've had a lender tell me what is the credit score requirement for a card.  

Also was told you can include your spouse's income in your application as a factor and they encourage balance transfers.  So if it's a number you are looking for, let them know you are considering transferring balances to the PowerCash card if you get it.   The representative explicitly told me they would approve me for a higher SL if balance transfer is a reason for why I want the card.  

I haven't applied yet (still debating on jumping out the garden).  But I know I have 90 days to decide with the HP they took.  But just thought I'd share the information for anyone looking into the card.

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.