Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Rewards

Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards

GetMeSlick wrote:

iblitz25 wrote:
Congratulations, I'be been eyeing this one to maybe replace my DC. The EQ score you posted, was that their nextgen score or a fico8?

how is this better than DC?

*edited for formatting*

1. DC redemptions are much slower and higher minimum required

2. DC is a Mastercard, so lower acceptance than the PenFed card which is a Visa (I'm thinking specifically of Costco here)

3. DC has Citi's standard 3% foreign transaction fee, while all PenFed cards have none - so the PenFed card is great for international travel

Message 11 of 17
Valued Member

Got a welcome message that had my EQ Next Gen score of 705. Apparently their scoring goes to 950. So not that great. Keypoints were: no installment loans and many inquiries. Still happy to be in and have a nice card to groom. My bucket list cards last year were usaa, nfcu and penfed. So I'm set for now.

Btw: Citi DC has been a good card. But thing I noticed was cash back areas change a lot and lot of stuff doesn't qualify. Ran $1k throught the card with only $15 in cash back. And you need minimum of $25 to redeem or apply to balance.

40 INQ - 720+ on all - 10 Months aaoa, No derog, No Lates

USAA, NFCU, PenFed, Disco, BofA, Citi, Cap1, Amex, USbank, PP
Message 12 of 17
Frequent Contributor

How do they send the welcome message? Was it in the snail mail brochures that they send after being a member and after approval with the card ? I also got approved for a powercash rewards card a month ago and have already paid back balance after the first statement. I dont remember seeing nextgen score anywhere. Where is it? Is it in riskbased pricing notice?

QS 7K | Disc11.5k | Amex Evday 6.9K | AmexBluCsh 20K| NFCU cashrewrds15.5K | NFCU more rewards amex 9.7K|Penfed cshrewrds 5K | Penfed travel Amex 5K|Consumers Cu Visa signature Cash rebate 6.5K | Blispay 2K| Citi Sim 8.5K|Citi Double cash 7.1k| Chase Aarp 4.2K | Chase amazon prime vis sig 8K | Paypal 2% Cash back 300$ | US Bank Cash+VisaSig 1k | US bankAmex 500$ | Walmart MC 10K | Wellsfargo cashwise 1.5K |2nd Disc 3.5K| Amz Store CC 5K | Care credit 5.5K |Marvel MC 5.5K |Good yearCC 2.4k - Over 150k CL all together

FICO SCORES- TU 737, EQ 710, EX 729 , AAOA 1 year. Inquiries TONS.
Message 13 of 17
Valued Contributor

Yes; in your messages the one you get with 'the price you pay for credit' It may have your score as EQ, but it is their NextGen equivalent
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (2,200) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (3/14/18): 690 Transunion, 650 Equifax, 687 Experian
Message 14 of 17
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Comgrats on an easy daySmiley Happy
To obtain Credit One Kenobi status upon 0/24 is to Garden Harden!!
Message 15 of 17
Established Contributor

wanderingbuilder wrote:

GetMeSlick wrote:

iblitz25 wrote:
Congratulations, I'be been eyeing this one to maybe replace my DC. The EQ score you posted, was that their nextgen score or a fico8?

*edited for formatting*

2. DC is a Mastercard, so lower acceptance than the PenFed card which is a Visa (I'm thinking specifically of Costco here)

3. DC has Citi's standard 3% foreign transaction fee, while all PenFed cards have none - so the PenFed card is great for international travel

This makes a whole lot of sense. thank you.

2/21/2018 FICO TU-819|EX - 808|EQ -819
Total Credit - $200K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 805
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
Established Contributor

wanderingbuilder wrote:

GetMeSlick wrote:

iblitz25 wrote:

*edited for formatting*

Edited as I miss read the post.
FICO 8 Scores Eq 821 Ex 820 TU 841, 180K Available CL, 1% Util

Message 17 of 17