Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Promise Visa- Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Promise Visa- Approved

Recently got back with PenFed and decided to apply for one of their Visa cards because of the single HP for application works for other credit products for at least 30 days if not 90 and got approved for the Promise Visa with a $5k SL. Not the best APR (16.999) but as I'm still building lines of credit and wiping out old baddies I'll take it for the 4.99% balance transfer and the perks of Signature. It wasn't an instant approval but within 48 hours the account showed on my PenFed accounts list with terms and limit.

My scores were in the very low 600s when I started this process of building credit back in July of 2014 and while my scores haven't jumped a whole lot my profile is greatly improved thanks to the great advice here on the boards.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Promise Visa- Approved

congrats!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! I hear it's a great CU!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 16
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and all Promise cards are Platinum Visa, not Signature. Well worth giving up those "benefits" for PenFed's no fee on anything benefit Smiley Happy

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@signaturecardmember wrote:

Congratulations and all Promise cards are Platinum Visa, not Signature. Well worth giving up those "benefits" for PenFed's no fee on anything benefit Smiley Happy

Thanks for the heads up- I read the product features again and you're right about it being Platinum and not Signature. No fees on transfers is pretty great.
Message 7 of 16
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@signaturecardmember wrote:

Thanks for the heads up- I read the product features again and you're right about it being Platinum and not Signature. No fees on transfers is pretty great.

no problem! also no cash advance fee so the card can be used like a line of credit very easily which is nice.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 9 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new PenFed Promise card Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.