Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Update/Approved !!8k Recon/$8000 Final approval

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: PenFed asked for paystubs after app

I guess i can do that but still they been very conservative on their limit when Citi supposely is more conservative and lend me harder limits on their cards

I dont know what was Penfed thinking?

I dont know i guess its been a hard daySmiley Sad

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 71 of 77
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:

I guess i can do that but still they been very conservative on their limit when Citi supposely is more conservative and lend me harder limits on their cards

I dont know what was Penfed thinking?

I dont know i guess its been a hard daySmiley Sad

While it is a very human reaction (so I've been told, I'm not human), there really is no gain in cancelling.   Unless having the card is actually a burden (and even with 8.5K it's really quite usable) I think the underlying motivation behind cancelling is, more or less "teach those deleted deleted deleted people a lesson!"   But of course it doesn't, no-one at Penfed will notice, and certainly not care, if you cancel all your accounts, they are too big.

So decide the relative importance of "it makes me feel better to cancel" vs loss of a potentially useful credit line.   If you see no real use for Penfed, then certainly cancel.

Message 72 of 77
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Good advice

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 73 of 77
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:

I am not happy however with the approval procces and limit

Still thinking of canceling the new card or both cards

No don't think like that, you still got great cc from a great lender, let accounts age 6-12 months, you are still gonna get limits you want, it is a process.

Many people would kill to get in your shoes, just relax and enjoy your new cc, after some time, get a CLI and you're cool...

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 74 of 77
danielodonoll
New Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

@danielodonoll wrote:

I am not happy however with the approval procces and limit

Still thinking of canceling the new card or both cards

No don't think like that, you still got great cc from a great lender, let accounts age 6-12 months, you are still gonna get limits you want, it is a process.

Many people would kill to get in your shoes, just relax and enjoy your new cc, after some time, get a CLI and you're cool...

Thats what everyone is keep telling me man
And i do wanna be grateful for the things i do have right now dont get me wrong

Just one of those days i guess when ur down for no reason...Who knows maybe is the Gardening thing.lolSmiley Very Happy

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 75 of 77
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

hmmm...Citi more conservative? Well for me the most conservative was Discover. But I will now just use their card for the bonus categories and run the rest through my other cards. This is my "revenge" ...I know I should be grateful to have been accepted...but I guess it is a similar reaction as to your cancelling idea.
cheers
Message 76 of 77
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to jump into OP thread but does someone have the backdoor number for Penfed. Thanks in advance

Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.