Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE 12/13: PenFed likes me! 2 x $9500 CLI

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

UPDATE 12/13: PenFed likes me! 2 x $9500 CLI

So I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for NFCU to show me the money on my CLI request to hit the magical $80k and I get a 0% BT offer in my email from PenFed for my PCR card.  Since I just took a HP on Equifax from Navy I figured I may as well take one from PenFed, too, to make the BT worth it.  Confirmed all of my info, hit submit, and got an instant CLI from $10,000 SL to $19,500.  I like instant decisions!

Stats: EQ 08 is 743.  HPs in the high single digits (2 EQ in 6 mos).  8 new accounts this year.  Util around 16%.  AAoA just north of 8 years.  Income sufficient.  If they are still using NG2 scores for decisions, mine should be right at 800.  Card opened in March.  Put enough spend through it to get the signup bonus, sock drawered since.  Joined May 2016, also have a $20k Defender Visa (discontinued or at least no longer public military-only card) and an auto refi also opened when I joined.

Update 12/13: Got another $9500 on my Defender the next day.

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed likes me! $9500 CLI

Happy dance!  Congratulations, K!

Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice. Totally worth the HP.
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

K, Your off to a good start lol now I'm tempted to leave the garden.

Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome... We all should be like K when we grow up
Message 5 of 46
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thanks everyone, but those in the garden should remember that I always suggest that the best way to succeed in the garden is to just do the opposite of whatever I do!

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks everyone, but those in the garden should remember that I always suggest that the best way to succeed in the garden is to just do the opposite of whatever I do!

I won't leave the garden anytime soon lol but it gets tempting.

Message 7 of 46
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I do love the datapoints on the SD there since I'm pretty sure my Promise card will see little to no use ever since I hit the SUB on it. Gonna be interesting what the AR gives me when it comes up. Congrats on the CLI there!

Message 8 of 46
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

WELL DONE my friend K Smiley Tongue

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congradulations!  Hard pulls are like beers, you cannot have just one.  I'm living vicariously through you while I chase my "Gold Spade".

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.