Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - Cool beans!!! Platinum Visa Sig & Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed - Cool beans!!! Platinum Visa Sig & Freedom

Hi all,

So I was just approved for the Platinum Visa Signature Rewards card with a 10k SL!! Can't believe it! Should I call and see if they can offer more?

Secondly If I apply for a LOC will they use the same HP for that and the checking account?

So excited! I applied 2 years ago for this card and was denied. Finally, glad to have it!

UPDATE: Applied for PenFed Promise as well and was approved for 5k SL. Awesome!!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed - OMG!!! Platinum Visa Sig

Congrats on the new Penfed card!  They will use the same HP which is good for 90 days.  Don't know for sure about the CLI, but I've read about some others saying they were able to get one.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 25
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and welcome to PenFed!

Message 3 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all; I also just opened a checking account as well with them to use the same pull. They automatically opened an auto draft protection account as well showing a limit of 500.

I tried to app for the LOC but the session keeps expiring and it logs me out....

Message 5 of 25
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. What score did they pull and whats your credit file looking like? 

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 6 of 25
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SLO805 wrote:

Congrats. What score did they pull and whats your credit file looking like? 

I have no idea what score they pulled. I think they are EX which is currently 709 (Fico 08). I have 13 inq. on EX, 4 on TU, 9 on EQ. All my FICO's are 700+.

My file has a bk from that is 7+ years old; no bad records/missed payments since bk.

I applied for the following cards (approved): BCP, PRG, Slate, Citi TY Premier, and this PenFed. Denied for CSP due to max exposure and NASA due `to not meetting their guidelines (no idea what that means - told to wait for the letter).

HTH.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! They pull your NexGen score. Mine was a 645 compared to my FICO EQ score of 662ish.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.