Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Denied then Approved

tag
tmoney
Regular Contributor

Penfed Denied then Approved

So been a member of penfed for a dew years ,never had any of their credit products. applied for a loan when first joined but denied

After going on a little app spree over the last couple weeks ,decided to apply for penfed plat signsture visa.. again denied for excessive credit

(730 eq score no baddies) they sent me a customer survey on my credit application experience and I gladly let them have it expalining its a waste

of time being a member if I can't take advantage of their services Yesterday get a call from a nice gentlemen from penfed to talk about my response 

to my survey I explained that extension of credit depends on creditworthiness but my credit was stellar with no baddies and long history (over 50 accounts and

26 year history) He reviewed my app and said he would send it back in for approval, hour later called back with a apprval and 5,000 dollar credit limit

I guess penfed does care about their customrers 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Denied then Approved

Nice Job.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!

Message 3 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

They are great! Congrats!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats. This is the second post I read where there is an approval after survey.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job with the recon!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go.  Congrats.  PenFed does seem to listen to feedback and reverse their decisions.  That is good for their customers who take the time to fill out surveys or argue their case for reconsideration.

Message 7 of 12
SeaStriper

Very NICE CONGRATS !!!! I emailed them for a RECON after I corrected my report and then they approved me. Very Friendly CU!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 12
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Ummmm how do I get in the door with PenFed?
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.