Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Promise CLI

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Penfed Promise CLI

Called in to ask them for a CLI request earlier this week after making sure to make the small bonus spend on it and PIF the balance. They were able to use the same HP from when I first joined two months ago so received a credit increase from 20k to 26k which is nice.

Admittedly, this card doesn't really fit my daily spending since I got it only for leaving a balance for a period of time or for a BT due to the low APR. This will probably change once I get the NFCU Platinum next year (hoping for 6.99% when I app) which will basically leave this card in an awkward situation but we'll see.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed Promise CLI

Nice job SNSmiley Wink. Sounds like a nice plan. Since i closed mine, when Navy hooks you up, ill glady take a 26k Promise cardSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increase Simply! 

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 4 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice job SNSmiley Wink. Sounds like a nice plan. Since i closed mine, when Navy hooks you up, ill glady take a 26k Promise cardSmiley Wink

I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do with this card lol. Because I couldn't get in with NFCU at the time of the app I figured this would be my "low APR, no fees" credit card but that will soon be replaced with the NFCU plat. Probably gotta look into how that's gonna work as far as future CLIs and how much use it needs to keep it active.

Message 5 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks Kytim and Justagirl73!

Message 6 of 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Well done, congratulations on your CLI!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Well done, congratulations on your CLI!

Thanks!

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just put a recurring charge on it. 

Message 9 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Honestly trying to think if I have a small recurring charge to throw in there that I'm not already using.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.