cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Promise Card Considered for CL of 18K!

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Promise Card Considered for CL of 18K!

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Good luck op. Wish all luck in world. Me. I'm afraid of pen fed. Smiley Surprised  I burned em for 35k in the 80's. Sure they will not forget it. Even not on my report. 

Thank you. I cancelled that app and just went for the Visa Gold instead now to see what happens.

Good luck !!!! You should have applied for Penfed Cash Rewards Platinum Visa. At  least, you get something out of the purchase.

Ron.

I'll think about it. I still have time to cancel the Gold app and try the Cash Rewards tomorrow if I feel like it. Other than that, I think I might just wait antoher time and try. 

Whichever you decide?  I think all the credit cards ha ve the same credit requirement. You can always ask for recon if you get denied.

Good luck!!!

Ron.

Alright. The main reason I had that mentality is that with other institutions, certain cards have different requirements than others.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 41 of 54
Ron1
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Good luck op. Wish all luck in world. Me. I'm afraid of pen fed. Smiley Surprised  I burned em for 35k in the 80's. Sure they will not forget it. Even not on my report. 

Thank you. I cancelled that app and just went for the Visa Gold instead now to see what happens.

Good luck !!!! You should have applied for Penfed Cash Rewards Platinum Visa. At  least, you get something out of the purchase.

Ron.

I'll think about it. I still have time to cancel the Gold app and try the Cash Rewards tomorrow if I feel like it. Other than that, I think I might just wait antoher time and try. 

Whichever you decide?  I think all the credit cards ha ve the same credit requirement. You can always ask for recon if you get denied.

Good luck!!!

Ron.

Alright. The main reason I had that mentality is that with other institutions, certain cards have different requirements than others.

Not Penfed!!!

Ron.

Message 42 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Ron.

Good luck!!!

Ron.

Not Penfed!!!

Ron.

They just sound like a pleasant bunch!

Message 43 of 54
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Hi Op Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 44 of 54
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

That seems typical for them.  its basically just a manual review that is required, and can take up to 2 days for them to decide.  From experience, the approval/decision is made much quicker than when they send you a message saying you have a notification, so keep checking manually on the status of the "loan". So for example, if you get the 18k, when you want a CLI, and apply for one, it will say, "considered for 25k" and go into manual review.  good luck!

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 45 of 54
Involver
Valued Contributor

So you were initially approved for 18k, asked for a lower CL of 8k, then cancelled altogether to app a different card?
Message 46 of 54
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:
So you were initially approved for 18k, asked for a lower CL of 8k, then cancelled altogether to app a different card?

Yes, sounds to me like a rollercoaster of undecidedness Smiley Tongue.  I would've left it alone with the initial consideration for $18K (pending further review and credit approval) and just let PenFed do their thing - whether approved or denied.

Message 47 of 54
tray
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Yes, sounds to me like a rollercoaster of undecidedness Smiley Tongue.  I would've left it alone with the initial consideration for $18K (pending further review and credit approval) and just let PenFed do their thing - whether approved or denied.

That is exactly what I would have done, I wish op the best, have to see what the outcome will be....

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 48 of 54
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Eh I'll wait until my scores on EQ are much higher and try again sometime in the future. Really did not feel that confident right now at all. At least I have a membership either way. I wonder how good their preapprovals are.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 49 of 54
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

@chalupaman wrote:

Eh I'll wait until my scores on EQ are much higher and try again sometime in the future. Really did not feel that confident right now at all. At least I have a membership either way. I wonder how good their preapprovals are.

Why don't you just let them decide? You applied for plat first, then you switched to Gold. Now stick with it, and see what happens! It doesn't hurt anything.

PenFed preapprovals are gold, if you get them then you are pretty much already approved.

I have way too many cards ...
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.