Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Recon success story!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Penfed Recon success story!

I am on cloud 9 right now. Many of you know i recently applied for a cli for my Penfed Promise card but was turned down. I was honestly upset as i felt i have made huge strides with my credit since my rebuild began and even more so in the year since i was approved. Thanks to many members here who encouraged me to recon .

As of this morning, i still hadnt heard back from my request for reconsideration and was actually was gonna wait til tomorrow to call on my lunch break. I was like , screw it, just sitting here,sippin my joe ,lol, checking my accounts like a good credit hobbitSmiley Wink and checked their hours for Sunday and decided to find out now if possible.

Well i call and get a nice guy name Adam, sounds like the guy i always get lol. Tell him im looking to see if any answer to my recon , says sure let him investigate, asks a few things from the application, and puts me on hold a couple minutes.

When he comes back, he informs me they can approve me a new cl of $1500 !. OH YEAH, ill take it. Its not a 5k or 10k increase but for me this is like scoring a C$R, progressSmiley Happy. Oh and it gets better. He even said my new APR. will be 15.99%, my lowest limit yetSmiley Happy. I didnt even ask for that.

Im super happy that i didnt waste another hp but i will take lessons from this. Next time im gonna make sure my report is up for inspection before next cli requestSmiley Happy.

Data points , maybe off as im not sure if the 699 from the original denial letter is actual EQ Fico, 5 or 6 inquiries( this could also be off as i think i should have at least 20 on EQ, but for some reason last report only showed these ( happy if those other were lostSmiley Wink). Nextgen, disappointingly dropped from 695 to 693 on most recent update.

Thanks again everyone for the support. Really means a ton as sometimes that support is just enough to give AVJ a good kick in the caboose to find that extra courage. Enjoy your Sunday and keep searching out your credit dreams, sometimes they do come true lolSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Recon success story!

Congrats on the CLI.  PenFed is great and their willingness to listen on recons is unparalleled.

Message 2 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Irish. Im finding out, probably the hard way that it seems its best to talk directly with them as perhaps the the human touch really trumps, no pun intened lol, the heartless computer driven interactionSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats. finally!

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work, Joseph! You probably won Adam over with your happy emoji attitude that came through over the phone Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, only thing left if that didnt work was to introduce him to EveSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 36
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congratulations!! Nice job! 😉
Message 7 of 36
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Nice job!  And congrats!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congratulations AJC!!! You'll be at the 5-10k soon enough! I ❤️ PenFed they have been really good to me & others here @ myfico! 😉
Message 9 of 36
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on tripling your CL!  And did you mention coffee.....

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.