Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Rewards CC Approved

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

Penfed Rewards CC Approved

I applied soon after I was approved for the PNC card last night for one last hoorah .. (got the review needed screen)..expecting to get denied due to 2 old baddies and 14 INQ over the past two years. I joined Penfed back in 2008 with poor scores... fast forward 7 years and EQ scores in the 720's. I hope this is a true approval and the limit holds b/c I've seen others on here state that the limit changes after initial approval. This is my fourth new account this month all 10k or more except my Fidelity AMEX at 9K. Aside from a PC later on my CDP to Double Cash and SP CLI's I am done needing new accounts. Time to garden and watch the success of other members!!!

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 9.55.55 AM.png

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Rewards CC Approved

Congrats! Great limit too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 12
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 3 of 12
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Congrats ..

if you dont mind me asking... What are your 2 baddies ? 

Message 4 of 12
Mellon
Established Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Congrats ..

two paid Midland CA's (HSBC and Webbank)

Message 5 of 12
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Congrats ..

two paid Midland CA's (HSBC and Webbank)

Wonder if I have a chance with a unpaid judgement from 2012. Currently paying on it.

Message 6 of 12
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 7 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

I applied soon after I was approved for the PNC card last night for one last hoorah .. (got the review needed screen)..expecting to get denied due to 2 old baddies and 14 INQ over the past two years. I joined Penfed back in 2008 with poor scores... fast forward 7 years and EQ scores in the 720's. I hope this is a true approval and the limit holds b/c I've seen others on here state that the limit changes after initial approval. This is my fourth new account this month all 10k or more except my Fidelity AMEX at 9K. Aside from a PC later on my CDP to Double Cash and SP CLI's I am done needing new accounts. Time to garden and watch the success of other members!!!

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 9.55.55 AM.png

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 8 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff! COngratss!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.