Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed applications

tag
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Penfed applications

I opened a Penfed account yesterday and applied for a used auto loan and a Penfed promise credit card. They both went into review and then a few hours later I noticed the card was declined and the auto loan approval. My current scores were in the 690's across the board when they pulled my EQ report. The loan was for 72 months @5.2% Ford 2016 F150 XLT 4x4. I accepted the wrong and bought my new truck yesterday LOL. I read on here from one of our great contributors that the survey they send out if you put on there that you were not happy with the decline application that you might receive a phone call back from a supervisor. I just received the call a few minutes ago from a supervisor and she overturned the denial on the application for the credit card due to the system warning to give me a very high limit due to my income. She overheard it and gave me a starting limit of $1,000. She also mentioned that once I have the card a few months she does not see any reason at all why it will not reach the high teens on credit limit. So just so everyone knows it does work if you show your dissatisfaction in their surveys.
Credit conscience!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed applications

Oh wow they declined me for 2 cards curious if I should try a refinance auto with them though
Message 2 of 4
padme
Established Contributor

congrats on ur card. you can always call em back, and tell them about balance transfers before the 90 days. So they use same pull

Message 3 of 4
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

David did you receive a survey?

Padme I never carry balances anymore! Try to always pay in full so my scores don't tank
Credit conscience!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.