Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed cash rewards Instant approval

tag
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed cash rewards Instant approval

24 Hours later checked account shows new CC.

I know there ultra conservative on approvals.

For the record all of my cards listed are less than a year old except Citi Dividends

Probably broke a record on Instant approval with Inquiries.

Living in Hawaii where gas averages $4.32 a Gallon

Local store Safeway after getting enough points you earn 20 cents off a gallon.

Then with Penfed this adds up totoal to over 40 cents off a Gallon.

Wife calls me the Coupon Guy now.... I can live with that..

Make the cards work for you not the other way.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 11 of 18
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@hot4u wrote:

Aloha

Apped online today to Join Penfed was approved instantly <HP for applying.

Read forums if apply for CC within 30 days use same pull for membership.

Apped for Cash rewards instant approved for 14,000.00 no docs.Smiley Surprised

Read online with $25,00 investment by opening a money market savings account will get the 5%  on Gas instead of 3%.Smiley Tongue

Also got this since better half wants to go to France and travel in areas where A True Chip and Pin is needed. In application they asked what numbers you want for pin usage.

This Card has very limited rewards except for   Gas and No Foreign Transaction Fees

With opening Money market savings account  (No Annual Fee) 

Thank you

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@hot4u wrote:

For the record all of my cards listed are less than a year old except Citi Dividends

Very smart! Congrats on your approval! Did your app have to go to the reviewer or did you have to submit documents to verify income? Smiley Happy Just curious. Also, do you mind telling your income? I understand if you'd rather not, I'm just quite curious with PenFed lately. (I guess research for years from now. lmao)

Message 13 of 18
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@hot4u wrote:

Congrats on the PenFed approval!

They are clearly conservative...  I've tried for the last few years to open accounts with them only to be told a resounding "NO", so I end up with DCU instead.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 14 of 18
hot4u
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@hot4u wrote:

Very smart! Congrats on your approval! Did your app have to go to the reviewer or did you have to submit documents to verify income? Smiley Happy Just curious. Also, do you mind telling your income? I understand if you'd rather not, I'm just quite curious with PenFed lately. (I guess research for years from now. lmao)

Instant Approval Didn't allow me to put how much I wanted. No Docs. 24 Hours later It's in my Account.

Remember this was all done same time I put in my application to be Member. There never was a Pending application etc.

Income Not comfortable to post

3.1 years AAOA

Just Blown away I figure persons staring at my Credit History-New Accounts etc (Manually) hmm what should we pick to not let him in..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.

Alaska Airlines
Message 15 of 18
watch44
Frequent Contributor

The easiest way to get 5% gas on PenFed's cash rewards card is to open a qualifying product like a money market savings account.

But OP funded/plans to fund their MM savings with 25,000... when the minimum is 25. I mean congratulations and all, but it's one thing to be modest and another to be surprised about these things when your situation is atypical of most borrowers. 

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 16 of 18
hot4u
Established Contributor

@watch44 wrote:

The easiest way to get 5% gas on PenFed's cash rewards card is to open a qualifying product like a money market savings account.

But OP funded/plans to fund their MM savings with 25,000... when the minimum is 25. I mean congratulations and all, but it's one thing to be modest and another to be surprised about these things when your situation is atypical of most borrowers. 

Typo error. Meant $25.00    

Alaska Airlines
Message 17 of 18
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@hot4u wrote:

@watch44 wrote:

Typo error. Meant $25.00    

Oh, Euro notation. Sorry (sorry you're not rich???)... well, there went my anti 1 percent indignation.  Cat Sad

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.