cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed data point - CC approval 2 months post BK7 discharge!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed data point - CC approval 2 months post BK7 discharge!

I love penfed. I am member since feb 2017 and i have their power cash rewards.

My husband had his Bk7 discharged on july 24th 2017, and in August i had him join both penfed and NFCU. He got capital one platinum cc 500Sl and capital one auto loan with in two weeks after discharge. After a month post bk he applied for cc and auto loan with both penfed and NFCU. He was denied for both auto loan and CC with NFCU 

But with penfed he was approved for an auto loan @ 7.3% which we declined due to his current apr with capital one being 6.16% . 

As for CC last week he applied for penfed powercash rewards with 100$ bonus offer and he was denied after a review. He wrote recon letter  explaining his bankruptcy ,emailed it to them yesterday to reconsider and today on 24th september exactly two months post bk 7 discharge he first got risk based pricing notice and then just now he received  this message in the email 'Congratulations! Your PenFed Power Cash Rewards application has been finalized, and your loan or credit card documents are in the mail, along with your loan check (if applicable). The documents have been sent to the address you specified in the credit application.' 

But we dont know his credit limit or apr etc  yet. 

Online status shows all 4 check marks complete.

We are super happy that penfed has approved him and is so BK friendly!.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed data point - CC approval 2 months post BK7 discharge!

@Anonymous wrote:

I love penfed. I am member since feb 2017 and i have their power cash rewards.

My husband had his Bk7 discharged on july 24th 2017, and in August i had him join both penfed and NFCU. He got capital one platinum cc 500Sl and capital one auto loan with in two weeks after discharge. After a month post bk he applied for cc and auto loan with both penfed and NFCU. He was denied for both auto loan and CC with NFCU 

@But with penfed he was approved for an auto loan @ 7.3% which we declined due to his current apr with capital one being 6.16% . 

As for CC last week he applied for penfed powercash rewards with 100$ bonus offer and he was denied after a review. He wrote recon letter  explaining his bankruptcy ,emailed it to them yesterday to reconsider and today on 24th september exactly two months post bk 7 discharge he first got risk based pricing notice and then just now he received  this message in the email 'Congratulations! Your PenFed Power Cash Rewards application has been finalized, and your loan or credit card documents are in the mail, along with your loan check (if applicable). The documents have been sent to the address you specified in the credit application.' 

But we dont know his credit limit or apr etc  yet. 

Online status shows all 4 check marks complete.

We are super happy that penfed has approved him and is so BK friendly!.

Congrats DW Just had the same results her BK7 is 2 years old 2 weeks ago she got approved for a PCR card for 2K.

Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

PenFed is constantly bombarding the commercial airways with numerous commercials on this end lately.

"PenFed has great rates for every one" Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats OP's DH. 

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations!

PenFed is constantly bombarding the commercial airways with numerous commercials on this end lately.

Really, may I ask what area you live in? I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for a CU, but definitely none of the big ones on myFICO. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 4 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:
Congrats OP's DH. 

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations!

Really, may I ask what area you live in? I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for a CU, but definitely none of the big ones on myFICO. 

Sure.

Up the road a fair piece (but not so far) from Fort Knox Kentucky and almost smack on the Ohio River.

And on the Indianer side Smiley Happy

They (PenFed) have been hammering away with those commercials for Months!! Arggg!!!

Every single day/week/month multiple times some programs Smiley Very Happy

Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 9
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:
Congrats OP's DH. 

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations!

Sure.

Up the road a fair piece (but not so far) from Fort Knox Kentucky and almost smack on the Ohio River.

They (PenFed) have been hammering away with those commercials for Months!! Arggg!!!

Hope that helps.

I read that and started chuckling because I thought you were about to make a joke. Smiley LOL Interesting, you must have locations near you. Anytime they saturate a market with a commercial, I always feel it begins to add negative value. I'm there right now with Shriners Hospitals for Children. It's a great cause and I hope everyone donates, but I swear if I have to see another one of their darn commercials I'm gonna go postal! I easily see 4-5/day. And when I WFH, where I have the TV on in the background, it's like 3x that many. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:
Congrats OP's DH. 

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations!

Sure.

Hope that helps.

I read that and started chuckling because I thought you were about to make a joke. Smiley LOL Interesting, you must have locations near you. Anytime they saturate a market with a commercial, I always feel it begins to add negative value. I'm there right now with Shriners Hospitals for Children. It's a great cause and I hope everyone donates, but I swear if I have to see another one of their darn commercials I'm gonna go postal! I easily see 4-5/day. And when I WFH, where I have the TV on in the background, it's like 3x that many. 

Yes they have locations in Evansville-Louisville etc and such. Where i am is in between the both so no surprise i suppose they want to reel them in and what better way then to bombard the airwaves right? Smiley Very Happy

It's funny though for me. I had PenFed but closed it. And could have them again but.....

Up came NFCU and Alliant with much better offers at the time so it's always as usual just a matter of personal choice.

It's all good Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP. Do you mind to sharing the email address for Penfed for the Recon letter? Could you PM me please? I just got denial today, the reason BK 3,5 years ago. Thank you so much.

Message 8 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Odd that I never heard of PenFed till I joined this site in April or May.

Now that I’m a member, I see the commercial for PenFed on tv all the time, here in Cali.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.