Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

tag
blunderer
Established Contributor

Re: Pentagon Federal Credit Union Data Share

Just when I thought I'd gotten it right!  Smiley Very Happy

I added my limit to my initial post.  I did call to ask for a higher limit but was told by a supervisor that I would have to speak to a loan officer about that once the card has been issued because they wouldn't be able to consider it for a CLI without an account number.  I haven't decided if I'll call back or just wait to try for CLI after some usage and making a couple of payments.  I'll probably call back once the card shows up under my accounts Smiley Wink

Message 791 of 5,922
blunderer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As discussed, once Promise reported was going to combo QS and QS Visa for some 90 day CLI leverage. Done! Now $16k ...

Nice.  WTG!!!

Message 792 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blunderer wrote:

Just when I thought I'd gotten it right!  Smiley Very Happy

I added my limit to my initial post.  I did call to ask for a higher limit but was told by a supervisor that I would have to speak to a loan officer about that once the card has been issued because they wouldn't be able to consider it for a CLI without an account number.  I haven't decided if I'll call back or just wait to try for CLI after some usage and making a couple of payments.  I'll probably call back once the card shows up under my accounts Smiley Wink

Congrats on nice approval!

If you call now and ask to speak to a LO you can recon your SL. If your card hasn't been activated it's not a CLI.

Message 793 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As discussed, once Promise reported was going to combo QS and QS Visa for some 90 day CLI leverage. Done! Now $16k ...

Very nice work rebuilding. I hope I'm where your are, when I hit  my one year mark. 

Message 794 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to share.... I applied for 2 PenFed Cards (Plat Rewards, and Promise) about 2 days ago. I was on the internet today looking at my accounts and was like well they already pulled my credit so why not apply for Cash Rewards also.... I did and they approved me for $5000!! That gives me $10,500 total in credit with PenFed!! I'm beyond excitement!

Message 795 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to share.... I applied for 2 PenFed Cards (Plat Rewards, and Promise) about 2 days ago. I was on the internet today looking at my accounts and was like well they already pulled my credit so why not apply for Cash Rewards also.... I did and they approved me for $5000!! That gives me $10,500 total in credit with PenFed!! I'm beyond excitement!

Awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 796 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took the plunge on PenFed and applied for the Platinum Rewards.

731 EQ Fico 8, 31% util

Received a $8,000 SL @ 13.24%

Not very happy about the 8k SL - kind of low to me plus the 13.24 is no better than I have with a local credit union now. Was looking to transfer more balances but unless I am able to get a CLI I'm not going to be able to do much with this card. Will see if they are able to up the limit and lower the APR or I'll be closing this card.

Dissapointed with PenFed considering the hype.

Message 797 of 5,922
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Took the plunge on PenFed and applied for the Platinum Rewards.

731 EQ Fico 8, 31% util

@Received a $8,000 SL @ 13.24%

Not very happy about the 8k SL - kind of low to me plus the 13.24 is no better than I have with a local credit union now. Was looking to transfer more balances but unless I am able to get a CLI I'm not going to be able to do much with this card. Will see if they are able to up the limit and lower the APR or I'll be closing this card.

Dissapointed with PenFed considering the hype.

Understandable given your score. Call them and express your disappointment. Tell them you need a much higher limit for a bt. Ask $25/$30k

Message 798 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call an LO and try to bump up your credit line tomorrow. The reason why I think your line wasn't higher is your high UTI (over 30%) is high for them. PenFed would prefer someone with lower FICO EQ scores and/or high inquiries (people have posted results with 51 EQ inquiries and mid-600 scores and still got higher limits then you did) with low a UTI (15% or less) rate over someone with higher scores but with a high UTI (30%+).

The magic UTI number is to get below 25% at the very least and ideally when applying be in the teens.

You got 90 days now so try to get your UTI down to 25% or less and see what they'll give you even after your call them to see if you can get a bigger starting credit limit.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

May The PenFed Force Be With You. Smiley Very Happy

Message 799 of 5,922
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yeah I will go the re-con route tommorow. I have several other cards with higher limits and lower rates so at the moment the card is worthless to me unless I get a recon. I did make the point that I was going to balance transfer, I dont think they understood that I am not going to do a balance transfer of 6000 to a 8000 limit card and send an individual card util through the roof.

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call an LO and try to bump up your credit line tomorrow. The reason why I think your line wasn't higher is your high UTI (over 30%) is high for them. They would prefer lower scores to high UTI. You got 90 days so try to get your UTI down to 19% or less and see what they'll give you even after your call them to see if you can get a bigger starting credit limit. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Message 800 of 5,922
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.