Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pondering PenFed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pondering PenFed

Congrats OP on the successful recon!! Yaay for getting into PenFed!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, K.  I have stepped out of the garden.  They said they could not recon without a signed letter, so I wrote a recon letter this morning, signed it, scanned it and emailed them.  We'll see where it goes from there.

OP. would you mind share their email address for recon? You could PM me please? Thank you.

Message 12 of 15
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, OP!

I applied for the PowerCash a week or so ago and didn’t get an instant approval, so as soon as I saw that, I called and spoke with a CSR and explained why I was calling.

She was extremely polite and helpful.

After I told her my story, she went to speak to a LO and I was approved.

So I called to explain my situation before they had a chance to approve or deny me.

Not sure what you would call that, but it worked for me! 👻
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked their site to see which score they used for the recon and they flashed me a soft pull 698 FICO 9 from September 9th.  I do see an EQ HP from them on October 6th, though.  During the recon conversation they mentioned I was approved for $500, but for more they would have to HP me.  Aftert he HP they said "the report look the same" and offered me $500 again.  It seems their credit pulling process is pretty broken because I know I had a 731 FICO 9 at the time.  Hopefully when my credit score catches up to them in 3 months it will make a good case for a CLI.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Great news!  It's certainly a foot in the door with the lending side and more proof that recon does work in a lot of cases!

It also nicely complements the blue-grey aesthetic you have going in your signature.

+1

Well done! That IS great news! I love PenFed! I think you will, too!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.