Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive experience with SCT - Pottery Barn - Comenity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Positive experience with SCT - Pottery Barn - Comenity

I wanted to share my experience applying for Pottery Barn's card today since i think this is a useful DP for many.

After going through an App-O-Rama last week and getting approved/rejected for many (Amex, Chase, Citi, BofA) I wanted to garden for 3 months. I stumbled upon a nice deal on slickdeals for a curtain at Potterybarn and was reminded of the SCT there. And sure enough, when i followed the usual SCT (Shopping Cart Trick)  instructions, I saw a message within checkout (not pop-up) saying I was pre-approved. I didn't remember if PotteryBarn was a HP or not but played along. <mod edit> And surprisingly, it went through and even approved me!!!.For a limit of $2,500. This is my second SCT approval in the last two weeks but the first resulted in a hard pull <mod edit>. The first one was overstock for a limit of $3,500.

Hope others find this useful

Edited to remove references to practices we can't advocate here.  --UB, myFICO Moderator

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Positive experience with SCT - Pottery Barn - Comenity

Congrats! If I can get the darn SCT to work, I will certainly keep this method in mind.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to share my experience applying for Pottery Barn's card today since i think this is a useful DP for many.

After going through an App-O-Rama last week and getting approved/rejected for many (Amex, Chase, Citi, BofA) I wanted to garden for 3 months. I stumbled upon a nice deal on slickdeals for a curtain at Potterybarn and was reminded of the SCT there. And sure enough, when i followed the usual SCT (Shopping Cart Trick)  instructions, I saw a message within checkout (not pop-up) saying I was pre-approved. I didn't remember if PotteryBarn was a HP or not but played along. <mod edit> And surprisingly, it went through and even approved me!!!.For a limit of $2,500. This is my second SCT approval in the last two weeks but the first resulted in a hard pull <mod edit>. The first one was overstock for a limit of $3,500.

Hope others find this useful

There are always options! I love that... and congratulations, OP! Way to be creative and get what you needed.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you guys...feels good...especially since Chase vetoed my Goodwill pardon for 2 cards that were charged-off  for small amounts (just 300 combined) this morning! 

Message 5 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I love Pottery Barn!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.