Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Amex Costco Recon?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Possible Amex Costco Recon?

yes. recon. you are perfect. stop listening to the hp fear mongers. just do it. even if you lose 5 points who cares if you get what you need. good luck op.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want this card real bad id def recon it.
Message 12 of 19
USC08
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

I just called right now and checked the status on my application. They said they denied it. They wouldn't tell me the denial reasons and said to wait for the letter that is being sent for the reason(s) I was denied. I then asked the CS lady what day they pulled my report and she stated, "September 13, 2014." I then stated there has been a lot of changes since 9/13/14 and if they can review the most recent credit report. I asked her if they did a HP and she said they did a SP. On my report there was a SP on 10/12/13 only. She then said if I wanted to fax in the most recent credit report that reflects the changes I can. Why couldn't they just do a HP on my report? Is there another # I can use besides the application status number listed in the backdoor thread?

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 13 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@USC08 wrote:

UPDATE:

I just called right now and checked the status on my application. They said they denied it. They wouldn't tell me the denial reasons and said to wait for the letter that is being sent for the reason(s) I was denied. I then asked the CS lady what day they pulled my report and she stated, "September 13, 2014." I then stated there has been a lot of changes since 9/13/14 and if they can review the most recent credit report. I asked her if they did a HP and she said they did a SP. On my report there was a SP on 10/12/13 only. She then said if I wanted to fax in the most recent credit report that reflects the changes I can. Why couldn't they just do a HP on my report? Is there another # I can use besides the application status number listed in the backdoor thread?

Use the fax number in the BDN thread for Amex.  Indicate that you want your app reconned due to changes in your credit report.  Include your most recent report and their reference number from your application.  

Message 14 of 19
USC08
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

I just received an emailing saying I was approved! I didn't even fax a current credit report like they said. I guess my app was still being manually reviewed. Looks like they did do a HP today as well. I'm not sure what the CL is. I decided to wait and see when I receive it in the mail. 

Thanks for the advice/help everyone!

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 15 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 16 of 19
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

congratulations.   hard work and good advice - priceless!

Message 17 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! you have the scores. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.