Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post BK Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post BK Approvals

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. My BK was discharged 7/3/17. I was approved for several unsecured cards: FP $700, Credit One $300 and astonishingly Capital One for $300. I'm very excited about my approvals and this opportunity to start over and build good credit for the first time. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Post BK Approvals

Hello Napqueensushi!

Welcome to the forums!! Congrats to you on you approvals and rebuild....and the BK DC. Use them wisely Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, napqueensushi! (Love the username, BTW!) Welcome to the forum!

I just shared on the approvals forum that my husband's first Cap1 card, originally $300 then $750 after Credit Steps, was just auto increased to $3750. All he did was use his credit each month, always paid every month and usually paid in full. 11 months later, voila, a $3000 CLI!

Just use, pay, rinse and repeat, and that Cap1 limit will grow! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Thats definitely my goal. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your input! Very encouraging!! I could only hope to get a $3000 CLI after 11 months. That's amazing!!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much for your input! Very encouraging!! I could only hope to get a $3000 CLI after 11 months. That's amazing!!

You definitely can see those results! 

I also posted that after that increase, he was approved for a Barclays card for $5000 and Discover for $4000. It just takes patience and discipline. I know you can get there and look forward to seeing updates on your journey. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. My BK was discharged 7/3/17. I was approved for several unsecured cards: FP $700, Credit One $300 and astonishingly Capital One for $300. I'm very excited about my approvals and this opportunity to start over and build good credit for the first time. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Call and cancel Credit One and FP... you don't need them.

I know you think because of being fresh out of BK you have to take the horrible stuff but it's actually opposite... Give it just a few months with cap1 and keep checking the pre-qual and you can probably get a far better and bigger cap1.

Sync, Comenity, Discover are also options after bk.

Try some shopping cart tricks for Jcrew, Express, Victoria Secret or something... at least those don't have terrible fees like Credit One and FP

Message 7 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy

Congrats on your recent approvals. Please take the time to research well cards you would like to help you rebuild. There are usually better options than FP and credit one if you are willing to look and learn. But if you must use them be wise and careful. Best of luck on your rebuild,,many of us here have been through or are going through rebuilds and we are always learning snd growingSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your approvals!!
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Call and cancel Credit One and FP... you don't need them.

I know you think because of being fresh out of BK you have to take the horrible stuff but it's actually opposite... Give it just a few months with cap1 and keep checking the pre-qual and you can probably get a far better and bigger cap1.

Sync, Comenity, Discover are also options after bk.

Try some shopping cart tricks for Jcrew, Express, Victoria Secret or something... at least those don't have terrible fees like Credit One and FP

I was thinking about canceling the FP. I got my card today and they had charged me $29 for an additional car but I wasn't aware of the fee. Of my $700 CL, I have $582 available and I haven't purchased anything. Is there anything more that you can tell me about FP or Credit One?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.