Re: Post BK Approvals

please delete

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy

Congrats on your recent approvals. Please take the time to research well cards you would like to help you rebuild. There are usually better options than FP and credit one if you are willing to look and learn. But if you must use them be wise and careful. Best of luck on your rebuild,,many of us here have been through or are going through rebuilds and we are always learning snd growingSmiley Happy

So much to learn! I did some research and still doing more. I'm double thinking my FP and Credit One but I don't know how much it will impact my credit score to cancel a new car. Any info?

Message 12 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well, ive never had them . Perhaps Bella007 can give you more info on Credit One as i believe shes had them . Its optimal to have 3 credit cards to maximize your credit. Since you are in your infancy of your rebuild, it might not do you any good to cancel just yet. Maybe just use them for auto charges like a Netflix or something and use your Cap One more. If you are somehow able to get a secured card or 2, then maybe come back to the question of closing them . Im not sure of your current score but you might try Discover for their secured card, maybe check local credit unions as well. Im sure you can get better advise then mone lol, but rrmember try to give tge most important stats like tour current ficos, hps, etc that others can better help guide you with suggestions.

Also, remember never just clise something because a stranger tells ya to lol, make sure its right for youSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 18
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your recent approvals napqueensushi and welcome to The myFICO community!
As a fellow rebuilder myself who's been down that road in the past, I strongly advise you that as you get approved for more and better cards down the road, make sure to close and cancel your FP and Credit One accts ASAHP.
Stick around. Read on and keep us posted on your new journey to 800s! Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your recent approvals. Please take the time to research well cards you would like to help you rebuild. There are usually better options than FP and credit one if you are willing to look and learn. But if you must use them be wise and careful. Best of luck on your rebuild,,many of us here have been through or are going through rebuilds and we are always learning snd growingSmiley Happy

So much to learn! I did some research and still doing more. I'm double thinking my FP and Credit One but I don't know how much it will impact my credit score to cancel a new car. Any info?

Now that you have those cards open, use them for a while until your scores go up and you get Cap1 or Discover, even Barclays. I kept CreditOne through 7 statements. They are not good, but they will help you to get better scores and better cards. Just charge a little each month and pay in full right after the statement cuts. You already took the hardpulls, so get what you can out of them. They can be a stepping stone.

I would advise against shopping cart trick cards. I got the Victorias Secret, but I really want to focus on getting good cards that work to my benefit. I just didn't see using VS enough, and actually found things to buy to meet certain limits for shipping or free gifts, what have you. If you do get a store card, make sure it is one you will really use, and not use to buy more than you normally would based on your needs.

I'm looking forward to seeing your rebuild and your progress! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that you have those cards open, use them for a while until your scores go up and you get Cap1 or Discover, even Barclays. I kept CreditOne through 7 statements. They are not good, but they will help you to get better scores and better cards. Just charge a little each month and pay in full right after the statement cuts. You already took the hardpulls, so get what you can out of them. They can be a stepping stone.

I would advise against shopping cart trick cards. I got the Victorias Secret, but I really want to focus on getting good cards that work to my benefit. I just didn't see using VS enough, and actually found things to buy to meet certain limits for shipping or free gifts, what have you. If you do get a store card, make sure it is one you will really use, and not use to buy more than you normally would based on your needs.

I really appreciate all of the input and feedback. AverageJoesCredit also mentioned shopping cart trick cards. What is that?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really appreciate all of the input and feedback. AverageJoesCredit also mentioned shopping cart trick cards. What is that?

Comenity is a company that underwrites a lot of store cards. There's a thing where if you go onto certain store's websites and put stuff in your shopping cart and go to check out, an offer will pop up for the store's credit card. Usually it is only a softpull. Victoria's Secret is one of the one's it works with, Wayfair is another I've had it pop up on. There is a list somewhere on here if you do a search. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One is part of the "fine" Sherman Companies, 1st Prem is just part of 1st prem. These are the bottom tier. There are many better rebuilding cards. Go to the BK section and read the rebuild post 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.