Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post BK7 Amex BCE Approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post BK7 Amex BCE Approved!!

I'm on a recovering post BK high right now. Granted, I have been DC since May 2011 and swore that I would wait until the full 10 years to apply for the Elite Amex. I really need to log off these boards before I push my good fortune even further Smiley Happy Smiley Happy What's next? Winning the mega million jackpot?!!

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post BK7 Amex BCE Approved!!

Good job!! Enjoy it.

Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I'm going to garden now like a good girl Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Aww.. Good girl!  Good job!!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Being good is no fun LMAO

Congrats are your new fortunes.

Message 5 of 35
padme
Established Contributor

Congrats, but you can't leave us wondering the SL.

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Being good is no fun LMAO

Congrats are your new fortunes.

Sheesh who you telling! I have a frozen ice pack on my fingers to move away from the mouse and my son is sitting on my lap to refrain from utilizing the keyboard for any HP requests hahahaha.

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@padme wrote:

Congrats, but you can't leave us wondering the SL.

It's on the smaller end for $500 but I got an email immediately after approval that there are steps to become eligible for a CLI. But I'm so gardening now to where I'm in the bushes...

Message 8 of 35
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to you on the approval. 5yrs post BK is the magic number for Amex to approve you for a card, IF you didn't burn them in your BK.

Can I as why you scores are still low to mid 600'S almost 5 1/2 yrs post discharge? Did you start to rebuild later? Baddies after BK?
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Congrats to you on the approval. 5yrs post BK is the magic number for Amex to approve you for a card, IF you didn't burn them in your BK.

Can I as why you scores are still low to mid 600'S almost 5 1/2 yrs post discharge? Did you start to rebuild later? Baddies after BK?

I was diligent in staying away from using CC as cash is KING (from my parent's POV). Yeah I am starting to shy away from that mantra and decided to put my big girl pants on and give this credit swing another shot. Its only been relatively 10 months since I began my journey but I'm loving it so far.

I'm glad you asked pizza1

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.