Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Employment on CC Applications

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Question About Employment on CC Applications

I know in the past a few applications have asked both for employment data and length of employment.  My question is...I recently converted from being a contractor to a full time employee, so is it dishonest for me to say I've been at my employer for X years including my time as a contrator?  Or should I reset the clock just as though I started a new job?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Question About Employment on CC Applications

If it's the same employer I think you can just add them up together, though I may be wrong.

Depends on how you look at it. In a way you have been with that employer for xxx amount of time total.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

If the IRS would have considered you an employee even though you got paid by "contractor" 1099's you have always been an employee IMO.

Message 3 of 7
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@Billybob_TX wrote:

If the IRS would have considered you an employee even though you got paid by "contractor" 1099's you have always been an employee IMO.

Though I was a contractor I was W2 through a contracting company so not directly paid through my employer.

Message 4 of 7
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

When I applied for an auto loan, the sales guy told me as long as it was the same position to just list it as one job. Technically i was with the staffing/temp agency for 1.5 years and a permanent employee for six months. I was told to put my employment length as two years.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Anyone have problems when putting retired on apps?
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

@Billybob_TX wrote:

Though I was a contractor I was W2 through a contracting company so not directly paid through my employer.

There is you answer. Since you got w2. From that date. Regardless what your boss called you. You were employee. And that is what you use. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.