cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Chase (cards, relationship, 5/24, burned them in the past)- Update Approved

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Question regarding Chase (cards, relationship, 5/24, burned them in the past)- Update Approved

So Chase was one of the banks I burned years and years ago (to the tune of a couple thousand).

That collection is long gone off of my report.

I would love to get back in with them.  

I was thinking about trying my luck at the Amazon card for the following reasons:

- I shop at Amazon a ton, so being a Prime member, the 5% would be real nice.

- I would love to establish a (new) relationship with them in hopes of being able to get something like the Reserve/Freedom combo down the road next year when I am below 5/24

- I hear the Amazon card doesn't fall under the 5/24 rule.  Is that true?  

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding Chase (cards, relationship, 5/24, burned them in the past)

Amazon card is not under 5/24 rule.

Message 2 of 9
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Question regarding Chase (cards, relationship, 5/24, burned them in the past)

It's a straight up Chase card though right?  If I am blacklisted by Chase, I wont get it.  if I get it, chances are they have forgiven me yeah?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toothgrind3r wrote:

It's a straight up Chase card though right?  If I am blacklisted by Chase, I wont get it.  if I get it, chances are they have forgiven me yeah?

The black Amazon Prime rewards card (Visa signature) is a straight up Chase card. The Amazon.com store cards (these are the white cards) are with Synchrony and are only usable on Amazon.
Message 4 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They may be off your reports, but not off Chases internal memory. Only way to know is to app for it, if declined for past/present obligation then you can call into UW, and plead your case, and ask for reconsideration.

I did that many of times. Chase was CO then IIB for me in 2013, but in January, then let me back in with the Amazon Visa on recon. They also were off my reports, but not off their internal memory, as the UW specifically brought up the CO/IIB acct, and that recon phone call turned into 20 questions, and groveling for about 40min! (worth it to me!)

Depends on how bad you want something, and the efforts you're willing to put forth it takes to get it Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Ah, I pulled the trigger, (Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig, not the store card)...approved for $7,000.  Got my Chase account set up and everything!

Don't get me wrong, happy about the card, but most happy that Chase has let me back in!

Now to do some research on how to treat Chase Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Ah, I pulled the trigger, (Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig, not the store card)...approved for $7,000.  Got my Chase account set up and everything!

Don't get me wrong, happy about the card, but most happy that Chase has let me back in!

Congratulations!! I would use heavily/PIF, and you'll be fineSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Thanks guys and gals for the info!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Congratulations, toothgrind3r, on the great approval and SL!

It's a great feeling to get back in with Chase. I was able to about 6 months ago but only after recon, and only for a $500 SL. Like you, it was more about the Chase approval than the amount. 

Enjoy your card and re-establishing a positive relationship with Chase! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.