cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver 1 approved! But low starting SL, have them reconsider?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver 1 approved! But low starting SL, have them reconsider?

Hey everyone! Love the adivce everyone has given on the board. I'm a long time lurker, but taken a ton of the advice and done great after having to deal with a stolen idenitiy and tons of crap from that. Anyways, I've improved my score a ton over the last few years and have 3 secured cards with the only missed payment on a verve card over 3 years ago (as everyone knows, there system sucks for payments!). 

Decided to try the pre-approval trick and Capital one said I would be perfect for the quicksilver one, and they already hold my car loan. They did get burned when I had my identity stolen and they lost about $400, but it was about 9 years ago now. So I was happy to see that they approved me, but only at a $300 CL Smiley Sad Now it's a foot in the door, so not going to complain there, but my question is has anyone ever had them reconsider for a higher starting CL and had luck?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver 1 approved! But low starting SL, have them reconsider?

I never tried but I got 2 CLI's in 9 months. 300 to 500 to 1000. They're stingy.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I'm fine with sitting still if need be, but not sure if anyone has ever had any luck with it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most low limit Capital One cards qualify for "credit steps" and you'll receive an email about it.  Use the card once a month at least, make a payment every month, and after 5-6 months you'll automatically get a CLI.

You can request your first manual CLI after 2-3 statements online with a soft inquiry.  Then you can request one every 6 months after getting a manual one.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks! I'll keep my eye's out for the email. I did see that a CLI can be requested after 90 days.

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Cap1 does not do recons.

The only way to get around this policy it to email the executive offices and plead your case

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Meanmchine, Maybe I'll give that a go. Never hurts right?

Message 7 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

I just closed my QS1 today after applying once again for the no AF one and being denied with scores over 750.

I’ve had the card for 3yrs. Never late and it’s been paid off for months.

CL stuck at $850 when I have cards at $20k.

It felt so good to call and cancel the card. They didn’t even ask me why or try to get me to stay.

Nobody cares anymore. It’s sad.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.