Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Approved

tag
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Quicksilver Approved

Very low credit line of $3000 only.   Smiley Sad     UTL at 1%, FICO's  780-790, income six digit. Bad start. Never had Capital One before. Was that a factor maybe when assigning this low CL ??? Finished account online set up but can't go in there until I get the card. I would like to change my username.

Am I going to be able to change my username when I get full online access ???

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
syul9088
Established Member

Re: Quicksilver Approved

Try to call EO that you want to CLI before you are activate. Not for sure but if you can verify your income and discuss with them they def. give u more credit line!
BTW. Congrat!!

Chase Freedom(6k), Chase Slate(1k), Amex BCP(5k AU), Amex Plat(NPSL AU), Amex Delta Plat(3k AU)

Message 2 of 54
notfancy
Valued Contributor

It is the OPs first account with Cap 1, and it is new, so the EO route would be premature at this point. I don't see why the OP can't try one of the back door numbers, and ask for reconsideration on the limit. From what I have seen, 3k is a pretty good starting limit with Cap 1 though.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 54
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Three weeks ago Chase approved me for $25K initial line and now this...multiple tradelines reporting between $20K and $25K on all reports. I might try EO.
Message 4 of 54
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Sorry for the low limit. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 54
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

This is why I avoid Capital One even with that 50k Venture bonus floating around.
$3000 is awful.
Tbh I thought I was going to see another $500 approval. That seems to be their magic number.

Good luck though. The EO seems to be receptive to clis.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 54
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  As others have said, you could try the backdoor, and likely get a bump in CL.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 54
dap1984va
New Contributor

First Congrats on the Approval.

Second, you have a great set of cards with high limits, I am sure the cash back influenced you to apply.....but I am not sure what influenced you to apply. Capital One is for establishing Credit, they are NOT known for HIGH LIMITS( you can scroll the forums until 2015)., you might find someone with a 670 that was approved for more than you Smiley Very Happy just do research,  I would Never ever of suggested you apply for Capital One with that profile. lastly..I am sure you had a better chance with another credit card company getting more than 3K... I have had a Capital One when my credit "sucked" like 2006. EO(facebook Chat) and Backdoor numbers is a option..have used them all. but, well.......good luck

p.s. I would not risk another hard pull, you might go from $3,000 to $3,500.Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 54
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@dap1984va wrote:

First Congrats on the Approval.

Second, you have a great set of cards with high limits, I am sure the cash back influenced you to apply.....but I am not sure what influenced you to apply. Capital One is for establishing Credit, they are NOT known for HIGH LIMITS( you can scroll the forums until 2015)., you might find someone with a 670 that was approved for more than you Smiley Very Happy just do research,  I would Never ever of suggested you apply for Capital One with that profile. lastly..I am sure you had a better chance with another credit card company getting more than 3K... I have had a Capital One when my credit "sucked" like 2006. EO(facebook Chat) and Backdoor numbers is a option..have used them all. but, well.......good luck

p.s. I would not risk another hard pull, you might go from $3,000 to $3,500.Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

LOL Smiley Happy  dap1984va

I have researched this board and found some initial approval of $10K and even $20K on Quicksilver. That is why applied. As for the low limit I think I will be Ok, not great but Ok since I can also use my other cash back cards: AmEx BCE, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, Barclay Rewards...I just wish Capital One started me out with at least $10K. Oh well...

Message 9 of 54
alvon123
Super Contributor

@syul9088 wrote:
Try to call EO that you want to CLI before you are activate. Not for sure but if you can verify your income and discuss with them they def. give u more credit line!
BTW. Congrat!!

+1

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.