cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver approval.. can't believe it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver approval.. can't believe it!

Have been cleaning up a few collection items so maybe that helped but my only other CC is the Open Sky secured card with $200 limit. My fako scores are in the 590's but I just got an instant approval for QS with a $500 limit! Ready to let this sucker grow! Randomly checked the prequals on the Cap One website and it was there somehow. Goal cards are still Amex BCE and PRG!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quicksilver approval.. can't believe it!

Congrats!
(Btw google Discover scoreCard and you can get a free EX FICO monthly even if you aren't a customer)
Keep up the good work!
I highly recommend Discover Secured if you can get $200 to open one. They give you rewards, a free TU FICO, and start graduating Cards at the 7 mo Statement.

Again; congrats on your card approval and on getting some collections removed.
Message 2 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice progressSmiley Happy. Onward and upwardSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 21
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

And, dont forget to hit the LUV button as soon as you have your 3rd statement.. (and it wont affect your credit steps increase)

Remember, CapOne is said to like a lot of usage.. that could really help you if you show heavy usage in your 5th month

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uh-Oh! Watch out now! Look at you go. CONGRATS. Hope you enjoy your new CapOne QS card. Stay on the right path and those other cards that are your goal, will be yours.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, BluffCityNomad! I really like my QS, and I'm sure your limit will increase in time. Which APR did they give you? Awesome to get your foot in the door, especially with the QS! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

Congrats!

And, dont forget to hit the LUV button as soon as you have your 3rd statement.. (and it wont affect your credit steps increase)

Remember, CapOne is said to like a lot of usage.. that could really help you if you show heavy usage in your 5th month

Hi fltireguy. Is the QS eligible for Credit Steps? I just got mine in late December, and would love to hit the luv button after 3 months. I was just under the impression that it is not Credit Steps because it is not a rebuilder card. Please tell me I'm wrong! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, BluffCityNomad! I really like my QS, and I'm sure your limit will increase in time. Which APR did they give you? Awesome to get your foot in the door, especially with the QS! Smiley Happy

Thank you! Can't remember what APR it showed on my approval screen. Thankfully my income is substantial and will not need to carry any balances. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratualtions on your approval and also on your progress with your credit! Well done!

Message 9 of 21
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new card! I just got approved for the same card as well! 

REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.