Did you mean: 

Really Comenity CLI?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Really Comenity CLI?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Checked JCrew and just like all my other Comenity backed cards it now says "account not eligible for credit line increase, please call"

I call in and asked if they changed the CLI policy and I wouldn't be able to do it online anymore?

she said "No our policy has not changed we just prefer that you call in and it will be a hp for a cli request"

I said "That is a HUGE change, why is comenity doing HP's for CLI's now?"

she said "We have always done HP's for customer CLI's"

me "Online, you have NEVER done HP's, but that is not available anymore at all, I have to call in?"

her "yes"

Anyone else been told CLI's are now going to have to be done over phone and a HP will be done and rather that is true and it doesn't just end up being a sp?

Eh...the CSRs aren't always too informed, so I'd take the HP thing with a grain of salt.  In any case, I'm curious to see how this plays out.  

Especially Comenity CSRs.  It would be nice to know what the actual policy change is though.

Message 11 of 33
krial
Regular Contributor

Request credit limit increase

Congratulations Frank!

Your new credit limit is $ $1,000.00

Just tried this less than 5 minutes ago for The Sportsman's Guide Visa. Ok, so it only went from $750 to $1000, but it was an instant online CLI where the only question asked was my yearly income amount.

Granted, my Victoria's Secret card that I've had longer still won't go up above the horrible $350 that it started with, but apparently at least *some* Comenity cards can still receive CLI's online (and presumably without a hard pull).

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 12 of 33
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Checked JCrew and just like all my other Comenity backed cards it now says "account not eligible for credit line increase, please call"

I call in and asked if they changed the CLI policy and I wouldn't be able to do it online anymore?

she said "No our policy has not changed we just prefer that you call in and it will be a hp for a cli request"

I said "That is a HUGE change, why is comenity doing HP's for CLI's now?"

she said "We have always done HP's for customer CLI's"

me "Online, you have NEVER done HP's, but that is not available anymore at all, I have to call in?"

her "yes"

Anyone else been told CLI's are now going to have to be done over phone and a HP will be done and rather that is true and it doesn't just end up being a sp?

Eh...the CSRs aren't always too informed, so I'd take the HP thing with a grain of salt.  In any case, I'm curious to see how this plays out.  

Especially Comenity CSRs.  It would be nice to know what the actual policy change is though.

I'm not sure if the CSRs even know the difference between HP and SP.   Perhaps the requests through CSRs generate an immediate SP for a decision, much like the folks at GE Credit Solutions.   Incidentally, does the automated phone system no longer work for CLI requests?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 13 of 33
tray
Valued Contributor

Just last thrusday I requested a cli on line for my total rewards visa and it was approved instantly no hard pull, I wonder if it is just certain cards, store cards?????

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tray wrote:

Just last thrusday I requested a cli on line for my total rewards visa and it was approved instantly no hard pull, I wonder if it is just certain cards, store cards?????

I'm wondering if the account is not at the intervals for CLI 4,6,9 months depending what card it is you get this message and if you call in and want to go ahead with CLI it will be hp but if you just wait and request after the months needed it will still go through online as it always has... just the days of JCrew CLI monthly might be over and Jewelry CLI button 33 times from $2k to $18k!

I'm only at 5 months on Express after taking a 2nd look and that has commonly been 9 months so I'm going to wait until I hit the 4,6,9 depending on card and see what happens before I decide which cards I would close if CLI would always cost me hp's (Buckle!)

Message 15 of 33
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

I'm wondering if the account is not at the intervals for CLI 4,6,9 months depending what card it is you get this message and if you call in and want to go ahead with CLI it will be hp but if you just wait and request after the months needed it will still go through online as it always has... just the days of JCrew CLI monthly might be over and Jewelry CLI button 33 times from $2k to $18k!

I'm only at 5 months on Express after taking a 2nd look and that has commonly been 9 months so I'm going to wait until I hit the 4,6,9 depending on card and see what happens before I decide which cards I would close if CLI would always cost me hp's (Buckle!)

I'm actually thinking the same, that the option may return online when the account actually is eligible.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sportsman's Guide is 6 months:

-Approved on 6/11/2013 ($4k limit)

-CLI on 12/31/13 ($5.4k new limit)

-CLI on 6/30/14 ($6.9k new limit)

Message 17 of 33
kjel
Established Contributor

I have a Lane Bryant Comenity card that I got June 2013 with a $500 limit. After six months they automatically raised me to $660. I use it and pay it down to a $50 balance regularly, tried the CLI request online and it said I wasn't eligible at this time. I didn't pursue it further because I didn't want a HP for a little CLI.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 18 of 33
Boyzmom

I received a letter in the mail today from Comenity for my HSN card & they granted me a CLI from $250 to $1050 with no request!  I was shocked! Smiley Surprised I have had the account for 5 or 6 months, carried a small balance for a couple of months but I paid it in full last month.  I'll take it!! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 33
matchu
Valued Member

Same thing with my J Crew. So I called the number and did a CLI through the automated service. It asked what my annual income was and if I wanted a specific increase (I said no). It gave me a $300 increase, the same amount I've been able to get every month since I opened it with the online love button. If I end up getting a HP because of this I'll be pissed! So far, one has not shown up. 

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.